The Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange (DSE) is a company limited by guarantee. The role of the DSE in the economy is to facilitate mobilization of financial resources and direct them into productive sectors of the economy through the provision of an efficient securities trading, settlement, depository and registry platform. The DSE has three market segments: the Main Investment Market, the Enterprise Growth Market and Bonds Market. Currently, DSE has a total of 24 listed securities as well as government bonds. Its equity market capitalization is TZS 24 trillion, listed bonds worth TZS 4 trillion, average equity trading of TZS 500 billion and bonds trading of TZS 400 billion per annum.
In order to enhance its listing, trading and security and risk management activities, DSE is looking for three excellent candidates to fill the following positions:
Senior Officer: Listing Sales and Marketing (Enterprise Growth Market)
- A holder of University degree in finance, commerce or economics with at least 3 years experience at the same level in Financial Markets, PLUS a postgraduate degree in finance, commerce, economics or marketing.
- Position holder will be responsible for listings sales and marketing of DSE for both equity and debt instruments in the DSE’s Enterprise Growth Market segment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake background analysis and initiate policies on matters related to improvements of the DSE’s listings in the Enterprise Growth Market segment.
- Evaluate data from external bodies both industry wise and non-industry-wise and how they relate and affect SMEs’ listings on the DSE
- Undertake market studies and assist in identifying a pipeline of listings and setting of targets for potential SMEs’ listings.
- Actively engage in all activities involved in widening the database of prospective issuers for the Enterprise Growth Market
- Prepare periodic reports to management for appropriate decision making.
- Review research reports and submit to the supervisor for further action.
- Ensure timely incorporation of all information pertaining to securities industry with relevance for SME’s listings in the EGM.
- Develop marketing policy and plan of DSE’s EGM segment.
- Develop effective issuers relations’ policies and procedures and ensure a healthy relationship with issuers.
- Monitor progress on various sectors that affecting progress of SMEs and advice relevant course of action to be taken for better results.
- Coordinate market surveys of EGM’s acceptance level.
- Contribute and participate in DSE periodic and other publications.
- Handle enquiries on research data or market statistics from both the DSE and other stakeholders, particularly those pertaining to SME’s and the EGM segment.
- Constantly engage with existing and potential SMEs, Nominated Advisers and Financial/Investment Advisers for capacity building and market development initiatives
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management.
Successful Candidates will be offered a good package based on the DSE’s salary scale and incentives.
How To Apply:
Applications should be accompanied with full detailed Curriculum Vitae, Photocopies of Certificates and Letters from three referees in sealed envelopes.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Friday 19th June 2015.
The Chief Executive Officer
Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange
14th Floor, Golden Jubilee Tower
P.O Box 70081
Dar es Salaam.