Twiga Bancorp Limited (TBCL) is a fast growing Non- Bank Financial
Institution established under the Banking and Financial Institution Act
(1991). The Institution has 'five Branches, two in Dar es Salaam and one
each in Arusha, Dodoma and Mwanza.
The institutional also operates Sub -Branch activities at the Julius Nyerere International Airport, Kilimanjaro International Airport, Mwalimu Nyerere Memorial Academy in Kigamboni -Dar es Salaam as well as a service outlet in Bunda - Mara Region. The Institution is in the process of managing change by re-engineering its organizational structure, introducing new products and services and reinforcing efficiency and professionalism in its operations. The bank has recently migrated to a state- of-the art banking software with the aim of improving it services and products offering.
Twiga Bancorp Limited (TBCL) invites suitable applicants to fill the following posts
POSITION: Branch Manager ( 1 Post)
Location: Dar Es Salaam
NATURE OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent and Pensionable
APPOINTING AUTHORITY: Chief Executive Officer
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Operations and ICT
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Branch Manager is responsible to the Director of Operations and ICT for smooth running of the day to day branch activities.
- Drive the Branch Business by growing revenues, loan book while controlling expenses in line with pre-agree objectives and targets.
- Ensuring efficient and economical administration of the Branch.
- Ensuring safety and security of Branch assets is maintained all the time.
- Controlling overall activities of the Branch and ensuring efficient services to customers.
- Ascertaining that all branch returns including daily activities summary are prepared on daily, weekly and monthly basis and submitted to Head Office and Bank of Tanzania promptly.
- Carrying out TBCL policies and ensuring that all staff under him/her join in carrying out the instructions.
- Recommend to the Director of Operations and ICT on appointment, promotion or removal of subordinate staff.
- Ascertaining that adequate staff rotation and on job training age carried.
- Promoting healthy relations between management and staff as well as maintaining sound public and staff relations.
- With the assistance of Branch Accountant to deal with matters of General accounting and administration of the Branch
- Opening and examining all mail from Head Office and signing all outgoing Head Office and other correspondences.
- Scrutinizing daily all branch vouchers and records to ensure that the day's activities have been properly carried out and accounted for.
- Carrying out periodic surprise snap checks of cashiers.
- Advising the Director of Operations and ICT on how to expand the TBCL's business.
- Appraise staff performance in the branch.
- Carrying out any other duties as may be assigned by Director of Operations and ICT.
Required Education & Experience:
- Holder of Master's degree in Economics, Commerce,
- Business Administration, Accounting, Statistics
- Banking or equivalent from a recognized Institution with not less than 9 years working. experience in Banking industry 3 of which should be at Senior Managerial level.
- Sound knowledge of Branch operations in banking industry.
- Fluent communication skills in English and Swahili (both verbally and in writing).
Required Skills, Knowledge & Competencies:
- Willing to work in a small team
- Good organizational skills
- Result and quality oriented
- Good communication skills
- Pro-active, self-starting approach
- Willing to adapt quickly to changes in environment
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
How To Apply:
All applications should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Twiga Bancorp Limited,
P.O. Box 10119
Dar es Salaam.
Physical Address: Twiga House, Samora Avenue, 2nd Floor, CEO's Office.
Application should reach the Chief Executive Officer on or before 4.00pm on 20th July, 2015.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Details source: Daily News, 06th July 2015
NOTE TO EMPLOYERS: