Dodoma Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (DUWASA) was established under section 3(1) of Cap. 272 of 1997 as repealed by section 60 of Water Supply and Sanitation Act No. 12 of 2009. DUWASA is charged with the overall responsibility of operations and management of water supply and sanitation services in Dodoma urban within the Municipality. Applications are invited from suitably qualified, dynamic, experienced and performance driven Tanzanians, male and female, to fill in the following excellent carrier opportunity:
Position: Maintenance and Logistics Engineer - 1 Post
Holder of Degree/ Higher Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical/Engineering or equivalent qualification with at least three (3) years relevant experience as an Engineer in the operation and maintenance of electrical works and registered as professional engineer with Engineers Registration Board (ERB) of Tanzania. .
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carries out regular/routine inspection of pumps, machines, motor vehicles and equipment according to the laid down time schedule and established official check list.
- Prepares preventive maintenance schedule of plants, machines, equipment and motor vehicles and supervises implementation of the same.
- Ensures that plants, machines, equipment and motor vehicles are repaired professionally.
- Prepares pumps and other machines/plants operating manual/memo to guide operators and staff responsible for maintenance in their duties; and ensuring the operating instructions are available at all pumping stations and other relevant areas and are strictly adhered to.
- Liaises with TANESCO to ensure constant power supply to the water production and distribution systems and ensure immediate repairs and restoration of power whenever failure occurs.
- Prepares list of materials and spares required for maintenance and repair works.
- Inspects and certifies purchased Motor vehicles/cycles, pumps and all electrical equipment and prepares report.
- Conducts open performance review and appraisal of subordinates and gives feedback.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned Technical Manager.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT FOR THE POST
Permanent and pensionable
AGE LIMIT FOR THE APPLICANTS
Applicants for all posts preferably be between 25 - 40 years of age.
The posts carry attractive remunerations package subject to work professional experience and qualifications.
How To Apply:
Letter of application accompanied by a detailed CV, Photocopies of relevant certificates; names and addresses of three referees; day contact telephone numbers and postal address should reach the under mentioned address before or on 3rd August,2015 to:
The Managing Director,
Dodoma Urban Water supply and Sewerage Authority,
P.O. Box 431,
Tel: 026 - 2324245. Fax: 026 - 2320060,
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW; AND THOSE WHO WILL NOT HEAR FROM US SHOULD CONSIDER THEMSELVES UNSUCCESSFUL
Source Details: Mwananchi, 20th July 2015