Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For 40years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence- based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world's most vulnerable populations. Jhpiego is implementing a number of projects in Tanzania and wishes to fill the following position:
Procurement Officer - 1 Post (Dar es Salaam)
The Procurement Officer will perform overall procurement activities to Jhpiego Tanzania. S/he will implement and maintain sound procurement system following the organization's procurement policy and procedure to ensure the integrity, smooth running and effective performance of Jhpiego Tanzania Program.
- Bachelor Degree in purchasing and supplies management or other related field with at least 3 years' progressive experience in procurement& logistics or related field.
- Experience with international organization, (US government-funded NGO experience preferred)
- computer literacy and ability to use Microsoft office and the applications.
- Understanding of and experience with USAID regulations, 'and Tanzanian laws governing procurement and purchasing
- Able to negotiate with tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrate understanding of value for money of goods and services available in the market for purchasing
- Excellent written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work in a multi-disciplinary
- team setup and the ability to establish and maintain effective Working relation- ships
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and
- competing priorities
- Ability to work proactively, organize and manage own work and assist others to do the same
- Ability to travel within Tanzania up to 30% of time.
How To Apply:
Jhpiego offers a competitive package to the selected candidate the line with salary history, academic qualifications and relevant experience.
If you feel you are the right candidate, apply in confidence, indicating the post you are applying for on top of the envelope. Please -include your up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references. covering letter and your salary history.
Applications which do NOT include ALL of this information will NOT be considered.
The application to be sent through email at: HRTZ@jhpiego.org
Please note that, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date is 14thAugust, 2015
Source Details: The Guardian, 3rd August 2015