Tanzania Wildlife Research Institute (TAWIRI) is a Parastatal Organization under the Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism. TAWIRI has the mandate to conduct, supervise and coordinate wildlife research in the United Republic of Tanzania. The Institute has its Headquarters in Arusha and five Research Centers namely, Njiro Wildlife Research Centre (NWRC) in Arusha, Kingupira Wildlife Research Centre (KWRC) in Selous Game Reserve, Serengeti Wildlife Research Centre (SWRC) in the Serengeti National Park, Mahale Wildlife Research Centre (MWRC) in Mahale and Gombe Wildlife Research Centre (GWRC) in Gombe National Park respectively in Kigoma Region. TAWIRI invites applications from qualified Tanzanian citizens to fill in vacant positions as follows:
Research Assistant (6 Positions)
Qualification and Experience
- Fresh graduate with a minimum of an upper second class Honors degree in Beekeeping, Forestry, natural resources, wildlife, Geoinformatics environmental and veterinary sciences.
- For unclassified degree as BVM, fresh graduates with an overall minimum of B.
- Work stations and bias will be as provided below:
- Kingupira Wildlife Research Center one post, must be biased in Veterinary Science
- Njiro wildlife research Center two posts, must be biased in Beekeeping
- Headquarters one post, knowledge of image analysis softwares and PostGIS database management is an added advantage.
- Serengeti Wildlife Research Center two posts general
- Age should not be more than 40 years.
- Assisting Senior Research Officers in setting up experiments and data collection related to wildlife management
- Gathering relevant literature and writing up of research reports.
- Performing any other duties assigned by supervisor(s).
How To Apply:
Applicants should send their application letters (by post or email) with relevant certified copies of certificates, Curriculum Vitae (CV), one (1) recent passport size photograph and names of three referees one of which should be the current employer or University/Institution supervisor so as to reach the undersigned not later than 14th September, 2015.
TAWIRI is an equal opportunity employer and only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
(i) Testimonial/provisional results/statements of results will not be accepted
(ii) Employed applicants are required to channel their application letters through their employer.
(iii) Certificate is essential for an applicant to be considered for selection and interview.
Tanzania Wildlife Research Institute,
P.O. Box 661,
Tel: +255 27 2549571,
Fax: +255 27 2548240,