Position: Deputy Commissioner Trade Facilitation And Procedures (DCTFP) at Tanzania Revenue Authority
To provide effective and efficient facilitation and control procedures; give guidance on all technical issues related to Customs procedures on issues arising due to adaptation of new technology in customs operation; advise on revision of Customs procedures so as to cope with the contemporary Customs administrative challenges and; ensure that Customs operations and procedures abided by international conventions have been ratified.
Key Responsibilities will include
- Manage and coordinate activities of Trade Facilitation and Customs procedures.
- Assist in the determination and review of Departmental policies and procedures regarding trade policy and administration, regional and international agreements, tariffs, valuations, and preferential policies.
- Assist in the determination and review of departmental policies and procedures regarding imports, exports, warehousing and transit management.
- Initiate the review and determination of departmental policies regarding ruling and dispute procedures.
- Review and recommend agents’ accreditation and other licensing arrangements.
- Initiate, and where appropriate lead meetings and seminars with stakeholders in relation to Customs services, processes and procedures aimed at enhanced trade facilitation.
- Provide technical expertise in the determination and review of departmental policies and procedures regarding management of exemptions, drawbacks, refunds and rebate systems.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Commissioner Customs and Excise.
- Advanced Diploma or Degree in Taxation, or Customs or Economics or Business Administration or Law or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or its equivalent from a recognized Higher Learning Institution or University.
- Masters’ Degree in Taxation or Customs or Economics or Business Administration or Law or International Trade or its equivalent from a recognized Higher Learning Institution or University.
- Eight (8) years of work experience, four (4) of which should be at managerial level.
- Postgraduate Diploma or Knowledge in Taxation or Customs will be an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical and budgeting skills.
- Strong leadership, Team building and Interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage change and risks in a reputable large size organisation.
- Effective communication skills coupled with the ability to effectively network with stakeholders.
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV, photocopies of academic certificates and testimonials, names of three referees with their contacts, and state your current position, e-mail and telephone contacts. Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than 15th October, 2015.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the job will be negotiated with the right candidate.
The Commissioner General,
Tanzania Revenue Authority,
P. O. Box 11491
Dar es Salaam