Position: Deputy Director Administration (DDA) at Tanzania Revenue Authority
Assist the Director Human Resources and Administration (DHRA) to strategically lead the department by participating in the development and implementation of strategies, policies and procedures on Management of One Stop Boarder Posts (OSBPs), the Authority Estate, Fleet and General Administration Services for enhancement of good working environment to TRA staff, Boarder Agencies and other stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the development and review of objectives, targets and standards, policy and procedures; with a particular emphasis on productivity and individual performance.
- Ensure that One Stop Border Posts (OSBPs) are operating smoothly in keeping with the approved OSBP Policy, Agreed standards (with the stakeholders) and good practices on OSPB management.
- Develop strategy to ensure that the Authority complies with the best environmental and safety standards and relevant legislation.
- Ensure timely preparation of statement of requirements for OSBPs Management, the Authority Estate, Fleet and General Administration Services needed for smooth, effective and efficient operations.
- Manage the refurbishment and maintenance of OSBP and TRA Estate, Fleet that include Vehicles, Boats and Motor Cycles, Heavy Duty Scanners, and Generators according to approved Policy and Guidelines.
- Ensure timely preparation of statement of requirement for OSBPs, for OSBPs, TRA Estate state, fleet and general administrative services required by the Authority and monitor effective implementation.
- Ensure that complete inventories of Physical Assets covered under the scope of OSBP management and those for TRA own use are available for operational and accounting purposes.
- Perform other duties assigned the Director Human Resources and Administration.
Key qualifications, experience and competencies
- Advanced Diploma or Degree in Engineering or Architecture or Quantity Surveying or Land Management and Valuation or Transport Management or its equivalent from a recognized Higher Learning Institution or University.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Architecture or Quantity Surveying or Land Management and Valuation or Transport Management or Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized Higher Learning Institution or University.
- Registration with relevant Professional Bodies.
- Qualification and experience in Project Management or Real Estate Management will be an added advantage.
- Eight (8) years of work experience, four (4) of which should be at managerial level,
- Excellent analytical and budgeting skills.
- Strong leadership, Team building and Interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage change and risks in a reputable large size organisation.
- Effective communication skills coupled with the ability to effectively network with stakeholders.
How To Apply:
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV, photocopies of academic certificates and testimonials, names of three referees with their contacts, and state your current position, e-mail and telephone contacts. Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than 15th October, 2015.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the job will be negotiated with the right candidate.
The Commissioner General,
Tanzania Revenue Authority,
P. O. Box 11491
Dar es Salaam