Power Providers is currently looking for an Accounts Assistant to strengthen our financial team.
About Power Providers
Power Providers is one of the leading renewable energy providers in Tanzania. Power Providers was established in 2007 in order to develop an energy specific market niche. With over eight years of experience, a range of internationally recognised best brand products and a well established support structure, we are well positioned to offer flexible, reliable energy solutions that are uniquely tailored to the requirements of customers across Tanzania and Eastern Africa.
Power Providers employs skilled professionals who are trained to understand the unique energy needs of each customer we work with, and who specialize in designing and installing specific solutions for each of our clients. In addition, Power Providers employs highly motivated support staff in order to run a smooth operation. Power Providers aims to be an equal opportunity employer that promotes an inclusive workplace.
The position of accounts assistant is an existing position within Power Providers. The accounts assistant is providing assistance to the Financial Manager. Tasks include generating proforma quotations, mobilisation list and invoices. Following up on accounts receivable, managing staff
imprests, maintain the accounts source documentation filing system, petty cash management and VAT payments will also be part of the duties.
The accounts assistant works intensively together with our Stores Manager and will report directly to the Financial Manager and Managing Director of Power Providers. Visits to different institutions in Arusha will be part of the job.
- Power Providers is looking for an accounts assistant with at least the following qualifications:
- a degree in Accounting (or similar)
- more than 2 years of work experience as an accountant or account assistant
- comprehensive working knowledge of all main components of the Quickbooks accounting
- package and more than 2 years of experience working with Quickbooks
- well structured in work
- being able to stay professional at all times even under high stress
- good customer service and responsiveness
- good knowledge and skills in Microsoft Excel
- good spoken and written English
The package which Power Providers offers includes:
- an attractive salary in line with your qualifications and experience
- a training program combined with on the job learning in the first 4 weeks working in a enthusiastic, driven and inspiring work environment
Applicants are invited to submit their documentation by email to email@example.com with subject “Application for Accounts Assistant”. Please include the place where you have found this employment opportunity in your cover letter.
In your email please attach:
- Certificates of service
- Contact details (including email and phone number) of at least three professional references.
Interviews will be scheduled the following week. The anticipated start date is June 1st 2016.