Job Title: Digital Communications Officer
Cluster: Public and Policy Engagement
Salary Grade: 5
Reports to: Senior Advisor, Communications
Supervises: Usually none, except as assigned by the Supervisor
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
You will be primarily responsible for the effective management of the Twaweza website for East Africa and of all Twaweza social media channels. You will be responsible for ensuring all units submit details of all their activities and that these are published and publicized on Twaweza’s website and social media channels in a timely manner. You will be responsible for editing and uploading content in English and Swahili and ensuring that it meets Twaweza standards, and is consistent with Twaweza values and vision. You will also have a view of the entire website and ensures it reflects the breadth and diversity of Twaweza’s work, proposing and overseeing new developments, sections and features as well as removing those that are no longer relevant.
1. Update the Twaweza website at least three times each week with creative content including images and videos
2. Update all Twaweza social media channels, including a blog when available, at least five times each week
3. Ensure that all Twaweza outputs, including publications, audio, video and press releases, are available on the Twaweza website a maximum of two days after public release
4. Ensure that every unit contributes regularly to website and social media updates
5. Take the lead in conceptualizing and creating online data portals for Twaweza and other data including working with external suppliers, generating internal buy in and leading production of the portals in conjunction with the relevant thematic unit
6. Work with developers and designers to conduct major updates to the website, as required
7. Ensure the website conforms to user‐centred design principles and is driven by audience needs and interests
8. Ensure synergy between the Twaweza website and our social media channels
9. Contribute regularly to popular yet substantive social media debates
10. Respond to comments from users on social media channels as relevant
11. Regularly review who Twaweza follows on social media
12. Report on monthly on website and social media analytics and provide suggestions on how to improve these
13. Develop and maintain an online database of registered website users and ensure that we
engage with these followers regularly
14. Manage Twaweza PPE databases including ensuring these are regularly updated
15. Create templates for and manage the dissemination of regular Twaweza email bulletins including to media and other stakeholders
16. Foster and communicate high quality standards and guidelines for Twaweza's web
17. Ensure that all Twaweza website and social media content adheres to the required work flows including sign off or buy in from the relevant thematic unit and sign off by Senior Communications Advisor and the Executive Director
18. Communicate clearly and in a timely fashion with external audiences, face‐to‐face, through email and telephone; conferences where appropriate, and other forms;
19. Liaise and work with external suppliers and partners including, but not limited to designers, printers and production companies; and
20. Support management in communication and representation needs as needed.
1. Successfully implement above responsibilities and assigned activities in work plans and budgets, consistent with Twaweza Policies.
2. Contribute effectively to planning, monitoring, reporting and information dissemination of Twaweza’s
3. Collaborate with Twaweza staff across units and countries in a spirit of mutual respect and cooperation to get things done.
4. Communicate your work through active use of internal platform (SalesForce), electronic calendar (Gcal) and being accessible on electronic chat (Skype) as per Twaweza requirements.
5. Participate actively in organization‐wide learning and other joint activities.
6. Comply with and foster adherence to the established Twaweza values, policies, regulations, guidelines and procedures.
7. Undertake any other lawful tasks as may be assigned by your Supervisor and/or Executive Director.
1. A university degree in a relevant field;
2. Minimum three years' relevant working experience, specifically in online communications;
3. Keen understanding of traditional media, social media and uses of new technologies for communication in the East African context;
4. Excellent writing and communication skills in Kiswahili and English; an eye for detail;
5. Ability to work with source code and proficiency in HTML5 is desirable;
6. Strong analytical and organizational skills;
7. Computer proficiency including web‐based applications;
8. Flair for working with visual materials; a powerful creative eye; design skills are desirable;
9. Experience in development and communications work;
10. Ability to be on top of issues and deliver quality on time.
Changes and Amendments:
This job description may be amended by Twaweza after consultation with the employee and the supervisor.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV (max 4 pages) to email@example.com , including a cover letter explaining your interests/motivations to work for Twaweza, and 2 samples of your written work and names of 3 referees, in MS Word or PDF file. In the subject of your email write your name, the position you are applying for and country
Deadline for the submission is 15th January 2017.
Saturday, December 31, 2016
Digital Communications Officer
Job Title: Digital Communications Officer