The East African Community (EAC) is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Republic of South Sudan and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
Article 5 of the EAC Treaty provides for gender equity, gender mainstreaming in all EAC Projects and Programmes, the enhancement of the role of women in cultural, social, political, economic and technological development.
The EAC has signed a financing agreement with African Development Bank with the purpose of providing a framework for cooperation in the implementation of the 50 Million African Women Speak (50 MWS) Platform Project. The EAC Secretariat has further entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with COMESA and ECOWAS as collaborating RECs to implement the 50 Million African Women Speak (50 MWS) Platform Project. EAC is recruiting staff for the Sub-Project Implementation Unit (SPIU).
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Sudan and Uganda) to apply for the following position tenable at East African Community-Secretariat:
Job Position: Content Manager - (REF: EAC/HR/2016-17/24)
Organ / Institution: The Secretariat
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Job Grade: P2
Job reports to: Project Coordinator
he overall responsibility of the Content Manager is to control all 50MWS platform content initiatives, both internal and external, so as to drive engagement and retention of women entrepreneurs as well as to attract platform customers and sales. The Content Manager will have strong experience related to content optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics and meaningful measurement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage digital content from and among content sources at REC and National levels so as to ensure accurate and timely delivery of high-quality content that is relevant to women entrepreneurs
- Create and write original content, as required. Maintain a flexible writing style to cater for multiple audiences of the 50MWS platform.
- Develop and implement processes for creating consistent, high-quality written content across country teams. This will include a comprehensive annual schedule of online content consistent with the 50MWS mission, initiatives and strategic priorities
- Coordinate content maintenance, revision and updates
- Serve as social media strategist including managing social media engagement and outreach
- Oversee preparation of content due for translation and provide quality assurance of translated content
- Assess available bandwidth for users in different member states and provide guidance on appropriate content deployment
- Track and generate performance reports on content generation and utilization, and recommend new strategies based on evidence gathered; and
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in relevant subjects including in Development Studies, Public Relations, Journalism, or related communications field.
- At least 8 years’ experience developing content in a related field or for an online platform with at least 3 years of experience at senior level
- Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent content writing, editing and presentation skills.
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources and translate it into creative and engaging digital content
- Web design skills and experience in creating content for digital production. Photo editing skills are desirable.
- Data analytics skills in collection, interpretation and reporting
- Understanding information architecture - being able to review and categorize information
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems and social media platforms. Understanding of content limitations and the pros/cons of different CMSs and platforms
- Good knowledge of PC-based software programs for word processing, spreadsheets, presentation and databases
- Ability to independently plan, direct and evaluate all the content-related assignments
- Familiarity with principles of marketing as well as experience working with customer relationship management systems are a plus.
- Multilingual abilities are a major plus, particularly in at least two languages of the EAC English, French and Swahili.
Education Qualifications and Relevant Working Experience:
- All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State.
- This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
- All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
Relevant Working Experience:
- Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
This position under EAC Secretariat is tenable for a contract period of fixed three (3) years upon availability of funds.
The post offers an attractive remuneration.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned positions are advised to send their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three referees, and copy of National Identity Card, or Birth Certificate or Passport showing date of birth. Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope. For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Tuesday , 24th January 2017.
You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; or have an application letter attached; have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates; or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted
EAC Staff Rules and Regulations precludes considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing
The Secretary General
East African Community
P. o Box 1096
Arusha - Tanzania.
Tel: +255 27 2162100
Fax: +255 27 2162190
Website : www.eac.int
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 24 January 2017 - 5:00pm