Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non for profit Tanzanian organization that focuses primarily on making contribution to the nation in addressing public health priorities through evidence based interventions, education and research. (MDH) supports the Government of Tanzania through the municipal councils of Ilala, Temeke, Kinondoni, Ubungo and Kigamboni in implementation of the program on HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment and monitoring of people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA).
In order to strengthen the care and treatment of PLWHA in Dar es Salaam, MDH on behalf of the above mentioned Municipal Councils seeks to employ - District Community Services Officer (SCSO) - 2 positions
Reports to: MDH Community Services Senior Officer
The District Community Services Officer (SCSO) is a self-motivated individual who will implement day-to-day Community Program activities with the different partners at district level including the CHMTs and project sites. He/She will be responsible to the Community Services Senior Officer and will work in close collaboration with the relevant region, district level staff and heads of departments and units with MDH.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. The DCSO is responsible for ensuring that MDH supported wards in respective district meets national standard for Community HIV based prevention services which will include:
2. Provision of minimum package of Community HIV based services this include HUWANYU and Nutritional support
3. Work with CHMTs and ensure day to day implementation of community program activities in respective districts
4. Work closely with the CHMT in organizing sensitization meetings at the district and community level on BCC to address risk reduction behaviors
5. Provide technical support to CHMT on all relevant related issues including the monthly review the CBHS program performance
6. Work closely with CHMTs/ CHW in ensuring Community program is done in accordance with the national guideline
7. Work closely with the CHMT and economic strengthening facilitators to ensure beneficiaries received VICOBA training.
8. Work closely with CHMTs in the scale up of community HIV based services in respective MDH supported district
9. Work closely with CHMTs in the strengthening community health system and ensuring community engagement and participations
10. Provide Technical support to CHMTs on community interventions targeting key populations for early testing, linkage and retention to care
11. Provide technical support to beneficiaries on economic strengthening and life skills training
12. Facilitate local leaders and health teachers to provide gender norms dialogues at community, schools and household level
13. Responsible with the implementation of community programs specifically on engagement of community health workers on home tracing of defaulters to minimize the loss to follow up of pre-ART and ART clients through improving evidence linkages between health facilities and community.
14. Take leadership on implementation of the integrated model of Community based HIV care and support services in MDH supported district
15. Responsible with achievement of agreed targets and outputs of HIV care and support community level in the district
16. Collaborate with CHMTs to identify training needs for community health workers and organize basic and refresher trainings using currently recommended national curriculums
17. Prepare quarterly, semiannually and annually narrative reports to be submitted to key stakeholders.
18. Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Qualification and work experience:
- Bachelor Degree/ Advance Diploma in Social Work
- Diploma in Nursing or public health Nurse.
- Two years’ experience working in HIV community programs
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, CVs, Certified photocopies of certificates and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of two references.
Applications should be submitted by 24th January, 2017 to the HR Manager, MDH through e-mail to email@example.com or drop by hand at our MDH Mikocheni Office near New Regency Park Hotel.
Please note; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sales Cum Office Executive
- Procurement and Logistics Officer
- Project Officer - Karatu Cluster
- Legal Officer - Halotel
- Program Coordinator - ActionAid
- Underground Production Engineer
- School Feeding Associate - 2 Posts
- Women Empowered (WE) Support Officer
- Driver - 2 Posts
- Programme Manager
- Ventilation Engineer
- Administrative Assistant
- Interior Designer
- Senior Manager - Liability Growth
- Two Reginal Coordinators