Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non for profit Tanzanian organization that focuses primarily on making contribution to the nation in addressing public health priorities through evidence based interventions, education and research. (MDH) supports the Government of Tanzania through the municipal councils of Ilala, Temeke, Kinondoni, Ubungo and Kigamboni in implementation of the program on HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment and monitoring of people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA).
In order to strengthen the care and treatment of PLWHA in Dar es Salaam, MDH on behalf of the above mentioned Municipal Councils seeks to employ - District Quality Improvement Officers (5 positions)
Reports to: Quality Improvement manager
Work Station: Dar es Salaam
Roles and responsibilities:
- Support the respective districts in establishments of functional quality improvement teams (QIT) at the respective facilities and district.
- Support the facilities/district teams in identifying areas for improvement and assist the teams to prepare plans for improvement.
- Support follows up and implementation of quality improvement teams at the respective districts.
- Assist facilities and program staff to plan, conduct evaluation and survey to identify gaps at the respective districts.
- Facilitate onsite monthly and district quarterly meeting to share challenges and success within the respective districts.
- Performing quarterly supportive supervision in respective district and also do mentorship to work on gaps and challenges found after supervision while working jointly with CHMT.
- Ensuring national and program priorities on Quality Improvement are implemented as per set goals based on project work plan.
- Working closely with CHMT, District QI team Coordinator and Program managers in building capacity of health care workers on Quality improvement.
- Developing and QI initiatives and strengthening WIT (Working Improvement Teams)in the other units.
- Working closely with CHMT in improving quality of care through regular provision of feedback and communication to the respective facilities and district teams.
- Report writing monthly, quarterly.
- Perform any other task assigned by supervisor
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION
- Degree or Diploma in Medical field – Medical Doctor or Nurse Officers
- Two or more years of experience working in HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in implementing quality improvement activities.
- Ability to write report and prepare planning
- Ability to conduct evaluation and surveys.
- Experience working with CHMT will be an added advantage
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, CVs, Certified photocopies of certificates and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of two references.
Applications should be submitted by 24th January, 2017 to the HR Manager, MDH through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by hand at our MDH Mikocheni Office near New Regency Park Hotel.
Please note; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sales Cum Office Executive
- Procurement and Logistics Officer
- Project Officer - Karatu Cluster
- Legal Officer - Halotel
- Program Coordinator - ActionAid
- Underground Production Engineer
- School Feeding Associate - 2 Posts
- Women Empowered (WE) Support Officer
- Driver - 2 Posts
- Programme Manager
- Ventilation Engineer
- Administrative Assistant
- Interior Designer
- Senior Manager - Liability Growth
- Two Reginal Coordinators