Job Position: Driver - at PCI Tanzania
Tracking Code: 484-566
Location: There are two openings for this position. One is based in Musoma and the other is based in Arusha.
The Driver will be taking leading roles and responsibilities in ensuring all the administrative functions of the position are carried effectively and efficiently. The Driver will work under the direct supervision of the Logistics department and will be expected to provide efficient and effective driving and clerical support services to help the overall administration functions in project area sites
- Performs work in the operation of PCI vehicles to assure safe transportation of users to and from various destinations. To manage PCI Vehicles to which s/he is assigned in accordance with Local Laws and PCI Policy relative to the use of the PCI vehicles and as specified by Supervisor.
- Prepare Vehicle by conducting operator maintenance
- Prepare and ensure completing and orderly record of log books at all times for PCI Vehicles and Motorcycles.
- Prepare and ensure reporting all damages to any of the Project vehicles and collect such information from Motorcycles ‘users.
- Manage vehicle fleet and ensure vehicles are available to meet the organization’s requirements by keeping them safe, roadworthy, maintained, control driver’s schedules and logging all trips.
- Ensure strict accountability is maintained in the management of fuel, oil, spare parts and other materials for the vehicles including motorcycles.
- Assist in all Office administrative works, including filing and other works that the Office may require including any other additional roles as directed by the Project Supervisor.
- Maintain file of original vehicles and motorcycle log sheets.
- Secondary School Education Level
- Advanced Driver’s Certificate Grade One - Two from the National Institute of Transport (NIT) or Vocational Education Training Authority (VETA) as an added advantage
- Certificate of Motor Vehicle Mechanics Grade II as an added advantage
- Valid and accident-free Class C Tanzania Driver’s License
- Ability to speak and write in both English and Kiswahili languages.
- Must have a very sober habit.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work effectively with colleagues in a team environment and with stakeholders from different cultural backgrounds.
- Must be Computer Literate.
- At least 2 -3 years’ work experience in Vehicle Driving in projects and Clerical duties with other International NGOs or similar Organizations.
Job Location: Musoma, , Tanzania
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
How To Apply:
To apply for this job click here - Driver
A first review of candidates will happen after 21st January 2017.
PCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only Successful Candidate will be contacted.
- Administrative Assistant
- Two Reginal Coordinators
- Community Support Officer
- Field Accountant
- Loan Field Officers
- Country Manager - TamuDeals
- Facilities Officer - FINCA
- Broadcast Journalist (video) BBC Swahili Service
Click here for all current jobs in tanzania