Job Title: Human Resources Officer
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Human Resources
INTITIAL DURATION: 2 years (with a possibility of extension)
POST TYPE: National
To support in the fulfillment of operational Human Resources and Administration requirements for Aga Khan Foundation – Mtwara Office and implement laid down staff HR policies and practices.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Program Director – Mtwara.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a private, non-denominational, international development agency promoting creative and effective solutions to selected problems that impede social and economic development in parts of Africa and Asia. In Kenya, AKF is managing a robust and expanding portfolio of multi-sectorial initiatives that includes programmes in livelihoods, education, early childhood development, health, nutrition and civil society strengthening Staff directly reporting to this post. None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Recruitment, On-boarding and Staff Exit
- Conduct reference checks on new employees and consultants.
- Prepare employment contracts upon appointment of staff and maintain an effective contract planning mechanism, ensuring staffs are issued with probation confirmations as and when they fall due.
- Conduct field level Recruitments and report the same to the Country Human Resources Manager.
- Ensure that all staff conducts exit interviews and duly clear with Aga Khan Foundation – Tanzania (AKF – T). Follow up on staff final dues ensuring that they are paid in the shortest time possible.
- Facilitate and oversee the induction of all staff engaging with AKF – T as per the Induction guidelines.
- Follow up to ensure that Induction plans and processes for all on boarding staff occur and documents filed in the employees’ files.
- Human Resources Records Management & Reporting
- Keep an up to date filing system that is compliant for ease of retrieval, reference and reporting: Personnel, Medical, Insurance and Recruitment files etc.
- Responsible for monitoring Area Office staffs leave status ensuring regular updating of the leave database and monthly status reports sent out to staff.
- Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining Area Office staff lists and organizational charts.
- Ensure line managers are informed of when employees’ contracts are due for renewal/expiry, and issue staff notices or renewals as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Management of Human Resources Information Management System
- Ensure the HRMIS system is appropriately, updated and utilised in a timely and accurate manner. This includes setting up new starters, terminating leavers, amending personal details, updating contract information, inputting performance ratings, training information and absence
- Be the point of contact for all Area Office HR MIS users regarding system issues, queries and enhancements
- Maintain confidentiality in respect of all staff records whether manual or computer maintained and ensure that all records are held securely
- Liaising with the IT Department for technical support and updates regarding the HR MIS Training
- With the support of the Country HR Manager, proactively assess the skills and knowledge of staff in Area Office and determine appropriate training required to grow and retain these skills.
- Designing training and development programmes, in consultation with line managers, based on both the organization’s and the individual’s needs.
- Monitoring and reviewing the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with manager.
- With support from the Country HR Manager the delivery of training and development programmes within the Area Office.
- Assisting the Country HR Manager in producing training materials and delivering in-house courses.
- Liaise with Country HR Manager, Line Managers and Program Director, develop training & development plans
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Degree in Human Resources Management or Social Sciences from a recognized University.
- Higher Diploma qualification in Human Resources Management shall be an added advantage.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a similar role. NGO Experience will be an added advantage
- Sound knowledge and hands on experience of the implementation of generalist HR functions.
- Demonstrates a strong drive and commitment to achieve agreed objectives
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current Tanzania employment legislation
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency in working with computers particularly spread sheets and word processing
- Experience of working within a team and team building
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional multi-tasking abilities
- Good communication, excellent interpersonal & coordination skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality and uphold integrity.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter quoting the title of the position, a CV and the Names and contact information of three referees (at least two of which must be professional) before the close of business on February 10, 2017 to the Program Director, Aga Khan Foundation (Tanzania), by
E-mail to email@example.com
Aga Khan Foundation,
P.O Box 125,
Dar es Salaam – Tanzania
Please quote the title of the position applied for in the e-mail subject line or on the application envelope. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more Jobs and Employment Opportunities in Tanzania return back to our jobs home page and find the latest job vacancies.
Also Check out our Tanzania Job Seeker Tips
- Interview Tips - How To Overcome Interview Nervousness
- Interview Advice Like No Other
- What Do Employers Look For When Hiring?
- How To Write A Perfect Job Application Letter
- PR and Marketing Officer - 1 Post
- Legal Officer - 1 Post
- Estate Officer - 1 Post
- Principal Teacher
- Field Supervisors
- Research Assistants (Data collectors)
- Credit Officer Grade II
- Driver Grade II
- Head of Information and Communications Technology Unity
- Commercial Manager
- Legal Officer
- Customer Relation Officer
- Credit Officer Grade II
- 35 Jobs at Fair Deal Auto Pvt Ltd
- Senior Database Administrator - Azania Bank
- RISE Program Associate - Twaweza - Deadline
- Jobs at STAMIGOLD - Biharamulo Mine
- Plant Operator - 3 Posts
- Human Resources Office