The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Office Assistant / Bukoba Store Keeper - Tanzaniato support the International Health Division in Tanzania. Under the supervision of the Tanzania Logistics Coordinator, the Office Assistant 5 / Bukoba Store Keeper manages the project’s Store in Bukoba.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Receives all Abt Associates AIRS project commodities and records them in ledger books in a timely manner.
- Receives and inspects all incoming materials and reconciles with the delivery document and distributes documentation to the concerned and tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received.
- Reports on the quality and quantity of the received commodities, ensures that quantities dispatched as per consignors’ documents match the quantities received, and endorses documents.
- Maintains clean storing conditions.
- Ensures good warehousing practices.
- Supervises the offloading and stacking of the commodities, follows up by tracking the commodities in the pipeline, and reports the same to the appropriate personnel.
- Controls incoming IRS equipment and commodities by such methods as physical counts, random weight checks, and rejections of any damaged and/or poor quality items back to vendors.
- Handles and maintains accurate store records -- stock cards, bin cards, incoming and outgoing ledger book, etc.
- Supervises the central store guards and maintain appropriate security system for the store.
- Ensures that the USAID/PMI IRS environmental compliance and safety requirements are followed at all times.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Secondary School (minimum), or a Technical School Diploma, or Bachelor’s Degree (desirable).
- At least 3 years of experience in warehouse/store and inventory management.
- Knowledge of handling insecticide and spray equipment.
- Knowledge of environmental monitoring and safety.
- Record keeping and organizational skills.
- MS Word, MS Excel and/or MS Access.
- Ability to fluently write and speak English.
- 1 year of experience and high school diploma OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
For more Jobs and Employment Opportunities in Tanzania return back to our jobs home page and find the latest job vacancies.
Also Check out our Tanzania Job Seeker Tips
- Interview Tips - How To Overcome Interview Nervousness
- Interview Advice Like No Other
- What Do Employers Look For When Hiring?
- How To Write A Perfect Job Application Letter