Job Position: People and Culture Officer (Administration and Documentation)
Employer: World Vision Tanzania
Purpose of the position:
To provide high-quality support to the People and Culture (P&C) division and its team which ensures effective and efficient running of the Division’s office operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Administrative and logistics Support:
- Manage the Human Resource filing, storage and security of documents and correspondences (i.e. P&C Division general files and personnel files) and ensure all documents are properly kept.
- Attend to all division correspondences / letters (i.e. relocations, acting appointment, disciplinary notification, terminations notification, visa introduction letter and other correspondences) as per guided by the P&C Director or Manager or Coordinator.
- Prepare P&C Division related certificates (i.e. certificate of services, performance management certificates, length of service awards etc.)
- Circulate confidential P&C Division documentation with respective and relevant divisions.
- Regularly scan P&C documents and send to the respective zones/departments as requested.
- Attend to general incoming and outgoing e-mails of the P&C Division.
- Facilitate and coordinate workshops, meetings and other related logistics
- Handle and attend to visitors of the P&C Division (Help Desk) and direct them to the relevant P&C staff when required.
- Follow up P&C Division payment sent to accounts in the Finance Division.
- Management of Existing WVT P&C process and systems
- Administer and monitor WVT People and Culture Information System (PCIS) / Our People to help ensure 100% accuracy for all WVT staff data including maintain a database for WVT interns, volunteers and temporary staff.
- Update staff contracts, position changes and staff transfers to the different WVT areas of operation as per approved guidelines and ensure effective information flow to the ADPs and project sites.
P&C Division Office Facilities and Utility management:
- Ensure P&C Division office facilities are in good order and well maintained.
- Raise requests for all P&C Division office supplies on time, to make follow up on the purchases and ensure that the supplies are provided for the required purpose.
- Oversee the cleaning within the division and ensure that the office premises are cleaned and maintained on time. Will also supervise cleaners attached to the Division from the cleaning company.
- Maintain and update regularly the P&C Division asset register.
- Maintain stock records for the P&C Division office supplies.
- WVT International staff, Learning/Global Center staff support
- Facilitate and support with all WVT international staff’s work permits, visas, and business visa or business passes processing as required or requested by the P&C Director or P&C Coordinator.
- Support WVT international staff with P&C related matters as requested by the P&C Director.
- Facilitation and follow up and filling of P&C related annual forms
- Facilitate and Coordinate WVT staff signing of various annual forms and ensure they are kept in the HR files (i.e. Child protection forms, self-disclosure, etc.)
- Facilitation and follow up of WVT new hires, continuing staff and exiting staff P&C Documentation.
- Opening New Hire Personnel Files and ensure all documentation is available in accordance to the HR file checklist.
- Prepare WVT Staff ID’s within the first week of joining WVT
- Follow up and prepare employee contract renewal documentation as well as contracts for new hires.
- Work with recruitment and Staffing Specialist to provide any needed support with orientation of new hires.
Support the People and Culture team members (P&C Coordinator/Manager, P&C Specialist - Grants, Senior Legal Officer and the Senior P&C Officers:
- Support in facilitating interview logistics
- Support in P&C Administration
- Support / Act in other P&C officers positions when they are absent
- Prepare acting letters.
- Compile acting sheet on monthly basis.
- Produce acting report on monthly basis.
- Weekly and Monthly Reports.
- Prepare key weekly / Monthly reports.
- Support and facilitate timely collection/review of P&C Division performance reports for compiling the divisional monthly, quarterly, semi- annual and annual reports.
Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Minimum Qualification required:
- Degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration Management, Business Administration or related field from a recognized Tanzanian University.
- Experience: At least 3 years’ experience working in a medium to large private, public or non-government organization in an administration role. Experience should include dealing with the public and a variety of different stakeholders. Candidate should be able to demonstrate strong experience in developing and maintaining administrative processes and procedures to improve the efficiency of the organization.
- Preferred: Candidates with formal training and relevant qualifications for the position will be favored. Candidates with experience in managing service contracts will be preferred.
- Technical Skills & Abilities: Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills. Excellent customer service and communication skills. Excellent command of Swahili and English – both written and verbal skills. Excellent organization and administration skills. Strong skills in expense management and accountability.
- Ability to review several diverse reference sources, select and synthesize data into styled reports, briefs and presentations.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Must be able to provide spiritual leadership within but not limited to chapel and daily devotions;
- Must have outstanding oral and written communications and relationship skills and;
- Must be willing to perform other duties as required.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based in Arusha.
- Travel: 5%.
- On call: 10%.
Also Find other jobs advertised on Jobstanzania here
- Driver Grade II
- Head of Information and Communications Technology Unity
- Commercial Manager
- Legal Officer
- Customer Relation Officer
- Credit Officer Grade II
- 35 Jobs at Fair Deal Auto Pvt Ltd
- Senior Database Administrator - Azania Bank
- RISE Program Associate - Twaweza - Deadline
- Jobs at STAMIGOLD - Biharamulo Mine
- Plant Operator - 3 Posts
- Human Resources Officer