The East African Community (EAC) is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Republic of South Sudan and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
Article 5 of the EAC Treaty provides for gender equity, gender mainstreaming in all EAC Projects and Programmes, the enhancement of the role of women in cultural, social, political, economic and technological development.
The EAC has signed a financing agreement with African Development Bank with the purpose of providing a framework for cooperation in the implementation of the 50 Million African Women Speak (50 MWS) Platform Project. The EAC Secretariat has further entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with COMESA and ECOWAS as collaborating RECs to implement the 50 Million African Women Speak (50 MWS) Platform Project. EAC is recruiting staff for the Sub-Project Implementation Unit (SPIU).
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Sudan and Uganda) to apply for the following position tenable at East African Community-Secretariat:
Job Position: Project Coordinator - (REF: EAC/HR/2016-17/22)
Organ / Institution: The Secretariat
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Job Grade: P3
Job reports to: Director Social Sectors
The Project Coordinator will have overall responsibility for planning, monitoring and controlling the 50MWS project. The Coordinator will have strong management, organizational and people skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop overall project management strategy including project plans, goals and budgets as well as identification of the necessary resources;
- Develop schedules and methods for measuring results;
- Guide and perform strategic analysis for the project to ensure project success;
- Preserve assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.;
- Organize and manage all phases of the project to ensure on-time completion;
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards;
- Coordinate project team members as well as assigning individual responsibilities;
- Facilitate identification and selection of relevant 50MWS project services and products;
- Plan and oversee preparation and dissemination of project communications;
- Liaise with the 50MWS Country Teams for content and statistics gathering and dissemination, publicity, outreach, and advocacy with their respective Member States, and in other RECs for information dissemination to various stakeholders to further the project work more widely and reach to other regions in Africa;
- Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours, budgets and expenditures formulate project organization and communication charts;
- May perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in relevant subjects including business, management, software engineering/development computing and information technology;
- At least 10 years experience in project management particularly in online-based projects with at least 5 years of experience at senior level
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a significant plus
Skills and Competencies:
- Understanding of project management methodologies with a focus on online financial and nonfinancial services
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to run a technical team
- Strong content writing, editing and presentation skills
- Understanding of data analytics: collection, interpretation and reporting
- Understanding of Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Experience with vendor relationships and strategic partnerships as a number of the activities are set to be outsourced
- Financial management and fiscal responsibility
- Understanding of ICT and Women Entrepreneurship Development key issues and clear understanding of the 50MWS Project’s vision
- Possess an entrepreneurial mind-set and skills
Education Qualifications and Relevant Working Experience:
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State.
This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
Relevant Working Experience:
Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The position under EAC Secretariat is tenable for a contract period of fixed three (3) years upon availability of funds.
The post offers an attractive remuneration.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned positions are advised to send their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three referees, and copy of National Identity Card, or Birth Certificate or Passport showing date of birth. Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope. For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Tuesday , 24th January 2017.
You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; or have an application letter attached; have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates; or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted
EAC Staff Rules and Regulations precludes considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing
The Secretary General
East African Community
P. o Box 1096
Arusha - Tanzania.
Tel: +255 27 2162100
Fax: +255 27 2162190
Website : www.eac.int
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 24 January 2017 - 5:00pm
- Assistant Marketing Officer – 5 Posts
- Assistant Credit Officers - 8 Posts
- Branch Accountants - 2 Posts
- Senior Procurement Officer
- Program Technical Officer
- A preschool teacher
- Sales Cum Office Executive
- Procurement and Logistics Officer