Job Position: Senior Procurement Officer
The Senior Procurement Officer will assist the Procurement Manager with the procurement committee, drafting invitation bids, executing purchase orders and contracts, and ensuring that all procurement and logistical operations are executed in accordance with USAID regulations and our policies.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to the following:
- The Procurement Officer should maintain the integrity of the procurement process, including accurate procurement documentation.
- Ensure the assigned field‐initiated procurement processes comply with regulations for goods and services including in-kind grants;
- Determine the most reasonable, fair, and expeditious procurement alternatives for each activity and participate in activity work planning, and proactively conduct market research in support of anticipated operations and technical needs.
- Act as a non-voting member of the procurement selection committee and ensures that the committee works collaboratively to evaluate proposals and documenting the vendor selection process.
- Conduct vendor negotiations, negotiate purchase order terms, and write negotiation memoranda or source selection memo.
- Initiate and maintain partnerships with external vendors by negotiating purchase order contracts and subcontracts with appropriate sources of equipment, supplies, services and travel;
- Ensure that all procured goods are delivered on time, and inspect and accept goods and verify services offered.
- Prepare and issue solicitations and amendments, service level agreements, blanket purchase agreements, purchase orders, modifications, and requests for operations subcontractor consent, as necessary.
- Maintain and track all local procurement and operations subcontractor data in TAMIS, and ensure close‐out documentation is accurate and completed in a timely manner.
- Monitor, track and expedite the Hub’s procurement activities assigned and the delivery status of goods/services.
- Coordinate and expedite purchases either locally or internationally, collaborating with the Home Office if necessary.
- Train local staff in aspects of the procurement process, including evaluation committees.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned by the Procurement Manager or Director of Operations or COP.
- University degree in a relevant field.
- At least 3 years procurement experience.
- Knowledge of USAID procurement and logistics regulations.
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with computer-oriented procurement systems preferred.
- Excellent ICPTS
- Familiar with commodity management tracking systems.
- Fluency in English
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- The Senior Procurement Officer will report to the Procurement Manager or his/her designee.
We offer a competitive remuneration based on skill and experience including;
Monthly Salary USD 3778pm- 4967pm
Group Medical & Life Cover
Relocation Cost and Housing Covered by the Employer
Organizational Car and driver
Per diem & over night allowance on mission not in duty stations
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their application letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31st, 2017, 5.00pm,Include-Application for Senior Procurement Officer Vacancy, in the subject line of the application email.
Only candidates who send their information by the deadline will be eligible.
- Sales Cum Office Executive
- Procurement and Logistics Officer
- Project Officer - Karatu Cluster
- Legal Officer - Halotel
- Program Coordinator - ActionAid
- Underground Production Engineer
- School Feeding Associate - 2 Posts
- Women Empowered (WE) Support Officer
- Driver - 2 Posts
- Programme Manager
- Ventilation Engineer
- Administrative Assistant
- Interior Designer
- Senior Manager - Liability Growth
- Two Reginal Coordinators