Our client, a commercial bank with operations in Tanzania, Kenya Rwanda and Uganda, is currently seeking to fill the positions of Bank Tellers to be based in Tanzania Branches.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the job holder will provide a day to day over the counter transaction service to bank customers.
- Maintain the authorized cash limit for the cashier.
- Ensure daily reconciliation of cash book system.
- Ensure daily reports are captioned as per schedule of reports
- Prompt reporting to operations supervisor on cash limits and timely evacuation of excess cash.
- Ensure cash security is adhered to.
- Responding promptly to customer inquiries.
- Providing feedback to improve the efficiency of the customer service process
- Attend to cheques and withdrawals in all accepted currencies according to laid-down procedures.
- Attend to change transactions.
- Accept cheque and/or cash deposits in all accepted currencies, according to laid-down procedures.
- Ensure that cheques included in deposits are checked in terms of Duty of Care obligations.
- Ensure that all items cashed are within laid-down limits and refer all transactions exceeding limits to the appropriate area for authorization.
- Ensure that items cashed are technically correct and signed, according to laid-down instructions.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar post.
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting/Banking/Co-operative Management, or any relevant qualifications in Business field.
- Any relevant professional qualification added advantage.
- Have strong communication and team building skills with ability to work with diverse teams.
- Good understanding of prudential guidelines.
How to Apply
If you meet the above minimum requirements, please email your application, current CV and cover letter to email@example.com on or before close of business on 20th May 2017 quoting the job title: Bank Teller on the subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.