Solaris Tanzania is a social start-up that aims to provide energy in every low-income communities by empowering village entrepreneurs and households with business and technology solutions.
Go visit: www.solaris.co.tz & www.facebook.com/solaristanzania
The company started its operations in the lake region of Tanzania in October 2014 with an approach that relies on 3 main pillars:
• An efficient solar technology that suits the needs of entrepreneurs and households. To do so, the Solaris station can charge up to 9 electronic devices at once (lamps, phones, etc.). Systems start from 20W up to 80W + TV.
• A micro-credit system that removes the upfront cost constraint that prevented many entrepreneurs from launching such venture. The customer benefits from a “pay-as-you-go” offer and unlocks the device through mobile payments. After the repayment period, the client owns the device.
• A free after sales is offered during the repayment period, through a team of local mentors who visit clients whenever they need support and technical maintenance.
We are looking for our Head of Tech Department.
The Tech department includes:
- A Tech expert
- A Field analyst
- Several recruitments will be made once the department is structured
The manager will be responsible for the management of the department and his team members. The manager will be reporting directly to the top management of Solaris Tanzania. Among the main missions of the manager:
Lead projects to optimize the organization and the efficiency of the department. These projects include:
• Data analysis
• Field surveys
• Process designing
Designing the department
• Update the processes of the department to optimize the fit with the reality of the field
• Design relevant KPIs and observe their evolution
• Update the split of the region per After-sales agent
Manage the Tech department to make sure the daily operations are handled.
• Design a recruiting planning
• Organize the recruiting sessions
• Run the interviews and the tests
Make sure all the teams respect the key processes of the department. This includes:
• Do quality control on the field to understand the issues faced by the teams
• Design a training (Power Point)
• Deliver the training to the teams
• Assign every resource to optimize the efficiency of the department
• Design monthly budgets
• Be fully responsible and independent with this budget
• Bottom-up: raise to the top management the issues met by the field teams
• Top-down: communicate to the team the new processes and policies set by the top management Daily issues
• Help your team to solve the daily issues that they are not used to meet
• Train them so that they can solve these issues by themselves the next time
• Licence, master or equivalent level
• Previous management experiences are required, showing good record of at least 5 years of labour
experiences and Tech related.
• Good understanding of Solar and energy main challenges and previous experience into the energy
sector is required
• The candidate should show rigor and be processes oriented
• The candidate should show high organizational skills
• The candidate should show autonomy
• The candidate should be reliable
• The candidate should show creativity to solve challenges
• The candidate should show high communication skills (towards the teams and the top management)
• The candidate should be computer skilled and numerically literate: Word, Excel and Power Point should be fully mastered
• English and Swahili proficiency
• Location: based in the lake region, Tanzania
• Starting date: as soon as possible
• Remuneration: according to profile
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV and Cover letter to - Remi Bouzel ( email@example.com )