Mwananchi Communications Limited, publishers of the leading Tanzania newspapers,
Mwananchi, Mwanaspoti and The Citizen is looking for motivated and highly experienced individuals to fill the positions of: - WEB EDITOR – 1 POST (For Mwananchi Publication)
This position requires a dynamic and result-oriented computer-savvy individual who is familiar with using the internet. Candidates with experience in blogging and other social media tools will have an added advantage.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key result areas:
- Retrieve, compile, edit and upload articles and relevant photos and other visual content to Mwananchi website – mwananchi.co.tz to – on a daily basis.
- Actively moderate comments on MCL websites to filter out hate speech, profanity, personal attacks or any other uncouth language/behaviour.
- Promote audience engagement and drive web traffic by pushing stories out on social media (Facebook/Twitter and media sharing via Instagram and other social media outlets).
- Revise headlines and rework story leads (particularly breaking stories) to ensure they suit web presentational requirements.
- Scour news sites, blogs and forums for breaking stories and liaise with news desks and field reporters to verify potential leads.
- Write up, edit and revise breaking stories for the Web and ‘continuously review websites for language clarity and presentation.
- Ensure the presentation of content on our websites is in line with Mwananchi Communication Limited’s house style and editorial policy.
- Meet all deadlines as set by the working schedule.
- Deadlines control: Zero tolerance
- Take a lead in live streaming of events through websites and other social media sites .
- Customer service: 24 hour turnaround for resolutions of complaints
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree/Diploma in Journalism/Mass
- Communication or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills.
- At least 2 to 3 years working experience.
- Good background in journalism, computer and internet skills.
- Familiarity with Social Media networks such as facebook and twitter.
- Self-motivated and result oriented.
How To Apply:
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing a detailed cv and copies of professional certificates, and a day time telephone contact by July 28, 2007 to: email@example.com
Human Resource Manager
Mwananchi Communication Ltd
Dar Es Salaam