The Institute seeks a dynamic self-starter with sound experience in Communications who would appreciate the opportunity to take his/her career to the next level on a two-year fixed-term contract.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Communications Officer shall assist the Head of Communications in developing and implementing the Institute’s communication strategy to support the implementation of UONGOZI Institute’s strategic plan.
The Communications Officer will support the Communications Unit with the strategic communication and effective reputation management of the institute. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Preparing relevant communications materials, including website content and disseminating them effectively across key audiences.
• Managing the institute’s website and social media platforms, developing a content calendar and ensuring information is regularly updated.
• Coordinating the media relations activities of the institute, including drafting press releases, press briefings and organising media coverage for events.
• Monitoring and recording media coverage of the institute.
• Supporting the effective branding, documenting and dissemination of events.
• Supporting the publication process for UONGOZI Institute’s various publications.
• Maintaining the communications unit’s mailing list and media database.
• Placing all advertisements for the institute and maintaining records of the same.
• Following up on procurement processes relating to the work of the Communications unit.
• Maintaining the Communications unit’s inventory.
• Supporting the Communications Manager with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the unit.
At the minimum, the Communications Officer should have:
(i) A Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communications, Journalism or a related field;
(ii) Consistent and relevant work experience in communications;
(iii) Excellent interpersonal skills and capacity to establish effective working relationships with a diverse, multi-cultural workforce; and
(iv) Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
NATURE OF EMPLOYMENT
The Communications Officer will be recruited on a two-year fixed-term contract.
Minimum three (3) years relevant work experience is required.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply:Interested candidates should submit:
An application letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with email and phone details
Contact details for three referees
Scanned/certified copies of certificates
Your application must be received by the 31st August, 2017, physically or via email using the contact information below:
Chief Executive Officer,
Msasani Rd, No 62, Oysterbay,
P.O. Box 105753, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania,
Shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for an interview. We regret that we will not be able to contact unsuccessful applicants.
UONGOZI Institute is an equal opportunity employer.