Job Title: Head - Business Banking - NMB
Drive the implementation of the long-term strategic vision and direction of Business Banking unit; provide leadership and direction of Business Banking team.
Promote Business Banking portfolio growth (loans, deposits, and fee-based services) by implementing the approved strategic direction of the bank. Also, develop a strong understanding of customer needs by focusing on customer experience and creating strong brand awareness to deliver targeted customer propositions.
- Build an effective network of internal and external relationships, such as community and industry relationships, to actively acquire new clients and/or expand existing clients and enhance the client experience.
- Manage risk/return and drive quality for new and/or existing clients. Actively identify and mitigate different types of risk, such as regulatory, reputational, operational and credit risks.
- Partner effectively with the branch network and other key partners to ensure the achievement of business banking performance metrics and grow the branch profitability. With the support of Zonal Managers improve performance level and business banking-specific measures for branches.
- Bring the entire bank to the client by presenting the full range of bank products and services.
- Leverage on reporting and sales tools to proactively identify and convert sales opportunities.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the client in delivering comprehensive business banking products and solutions tailored to financial needs and circumstances of the client.
- Identify, recommend and promote products and solutions that best serve the client while adhering to risk parameters that protect the bank.
- Build relationship management team (RMs), Business Bankers and Loan Officers that will serve clients in analyzing products and service growth opportunities that ensures profitability of portfolio.
- Protect the bank by following sound risk management protocols and adhering to regulatory requirements.
- Develop and manage a disciplined marketing process by identifying steps/strategies necessary to effectively maintain and build relationships with clients and prospects.
- Manage the Business Banking portfolio by leading the bank’s strategy to grow deposits, increase share of fee income, increase loans and manage margins.
- Track sales and activity performance on key metrics within the zones to ensure employee productivity is meets/exceeds market standards.
- Prepare budget and ensure that the Business Banking objectives are met, also prepare and implement the MSME & SACCOS strategy of the bank.
- Drive the rollout of any new product ensuring that implementation happens within the agreed budget and timelines across assigned region.
- Lead the team for product development, implementation, pricing and streamlining portfolio in order to improve customer experience, reduce cost-to-serve and maintain competitiveness.
- Work closely with Zonal Managers in managing business centers throughout the branch network.
- Responsible for launching and management of NMB Business Clubs to enhance customer experience.
- Maintain and observe the bank’s control standards, implement and observe compliance policy, including timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators.
- Protect both customer and bank information by ensuring documents, computers files, and all confidential matters are appropriately handled as set forth by NMB confidentiality policy.
- Be vigilant in driving staff behavior as per NMB values.
- Strategic awareness of Business Banking/SME product market offering and P&L management.
- Strong knowledge of credit analysis and risk management.
- Profound understanding of SME market, key competitors and competitive edge to win and retain quality customers.
- Excellent knowledge of bank operations and financial markets in Tanzania
- Understanding of local operating markets and their corresponding span(s) of control.
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma in Banking, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 10 years of proven experience in driving Business Banking portfolio; 5 years being in a senior management role.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Location: Head Office
Deadline: 27th August 2017