The Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange PLC (DSE) was established in 1996 as a company limited by guarantee without share capital. In June 2015, it changed to a company limited by shares and in July 2016 it was self-listed.
The principal activity of the DSE is, among others, to provide a platform for trading settlement and depository of listed securities and facilitate companies to raise capital via issuance of shares and bonds.
In order to enhance its governance and operational efficiency, DSE is looking for an ambitious, highly motivated person with integrity and experience in legal and corporate finance law practices to fill the position of Legal Officer and thus inviting applications from suitable candidates. The candidate is expected to have the following personal attributes:
- Must be a mature person of not less than 28 years of age;
- Must have reasonable knowledge of Financial Markets operations;
- Possession of legal technical skills;
- Possession of corporate finance law skills;
- Should have basic computer knowledge; and
- Fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Holder of Bachelor of Laws Degree (LL.B) from a recognized and reputable University;
- Having at least 3 years’ working experience in a private or public institution;
- Registered as an Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania;
- Possession of a Masters Degree in Law (LL.M) or a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) will be an added advantage.
- Carry out research on legal matters related to stock exchange operations;
- Participate in evaluation of applications for listing in the stock exchange;
- Interpret legal documents and advise management;
- Assist in preparing or reviewing contracts, leases, memorandums and other legal documents in order to safeguard the interest of the DSE;
- Assist in organizing and servicing meetings of the Board of Directors of the DSE;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by Management.
Competitive remuneration package will be offered as per the DSE pay scales.
Mode of Application
All interested candidates are required to apply by attaching to their application: current curriculum vitae (CV), copies of academic certificates, full addresses including contact phone number, email address and two reference letters from referees who can testify to the applicant academic abilities, working experience and character.
Applications should be sent:
Chief Executive Officer,
Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange PLC
14th Floor, Golden Jubilee Towers, Ohio Street
P. O. Box 70081
DAR ES SALAAM
Deadline for applications is on 30th August, 2017.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.