Job Position: Payroll & Tax Officer
Process accurately and timely the group payrolls to ensure staff are paid in accordance with the contractual and statutory obligations and ensuring effective internal controls and efficiency within payroll for accurate accounting of staff cost.
- Process Company payroll to ensure staff are correctly paid and in time in compliance with contractual obligation.
- Prepare all internal dues computations for completeness and accuracy before payment to ensure staff are paid within 4 working days after receipt of all relevant information
- Reconcile monthly payroll headcount and any arrears payments as per valuation from HR master database, report and work on variances to facilitate accurate accountability and prevent loss by the company.
- Prepare reconciliations on a monthly basis for all the payroll accounts and obtain credible explanations and reasons for all reconciling items to prevent and detect errors and frauds
- Prepare control accounts and follow up the resolution of reconciling items on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy and completeness of the accounts.
- Preparation, reporting and submission of payroll information and statistics to management for decision making
- Facilitate the registration of staff with government relevant bodies like PPF,NSSF and TUICO and check for compliance with NSSF/PPF regulations for staff contributions to provident fund scheme to prevent penalties and interests from the authorities
- Prepare and file monthly and annual returns to ensure compliance with statutory requirements i.e. NSSF, PPF, TRA
- Prepare audit schedules for both internal and external auditors during audits to ensure audit is done and completed within the time stipulated.
- To maintain staff debtors ledger (i.e. Salary advances, staff loans, Staff Imprest account).
- Working with the Internal Audit team to ensure that sound internal controls are established and adhered to;
- Follow up and verify all utilities namely electricity, water, rent and telephone and ensure that they are paid in time.
- Prepare bank reconciliation of specific bank accounts as may be assigned.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Degree/Advanced Diploma in Business related Field
- Model E –CPA
- 4 years in Tax and Payroll experience
- Knowledge of Tax rules and law
How To Apply:
Send your CV through; email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates to be contacted
Application deadline: 12th December 2017