Tanga Urban water Supply and sanitation Authority (Tanga UWASA), with the ISO 9001- 2015 Certification in quality Management system is one of the best utility in the Tanzania water sector, supply clean and safe water and sewerage service in Tanga City Environs.
Tanga UWASA vision is to be a world class Customer Focuses Water Supply and sanitation utility while its Mission To provide adequate and quality water supply and sanitation services in Tanga City and its Environs through and customer focused staff in an environ mentality friendly manner.
The Authority is hereby seeking for relevant qualified and highly motivated person to fill the following vacancy available in her manning level specified terms of employment.
Title of Position: Managing Director
Scope of the Position and Its Expected Outputs:The holder of these positions is the chief Executive of the Authority and is responsible for the overall management and effective performance of the Authority and attainment of its mission and vision.
Position Relationship⦁ Reports to the Board of Directors;
⦁ Supervises the Technical Manager, Customer services manager, finance manager, Human Resource’s manager as well as all Heads of Units in the managing Director’s office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities1. Facilitates the work of the Board and of any Committees that the Board may choose to create
2. Implements policies and decision of the Board of directors.
3. Formulates for presentation to the Board the Authority corporate plan, as well as possible to the budgets and ensure that all operations of the Authority conform as much as possible to the corporate plan and the annual budgets,
4. Prepares for the Board’s approval – (a0 policies, standard and procedures for the efficient and effective management and procedure and (b) The annual Audited Accounts of The Authority.
5. Provides the entire body of staff with leadership by giving it a clear and shared vision, motivation and an environment conductive for teamwork
6. Maintains contacts with the Ministry responsible foe water Energy and water Utilities Regulatory Authority and Ensures that Government policies, regulations and standard are adhered by the Authority
7. Maintains contacts with all stakeholder institutions of the water and sewerage sector with a view to promoting the sector in Tanga and the Country.
8. Promotes within the body of the Authority professionalism, discipline, integrity and exemplary performance;
9. Performs such other related duties as may be assigned by the Board of Directors and /or the Government from time to time.
Qualifications and Working Experience
The holder of this position must be a Tanzania having the following qualifications/qualities.
i. Must be a Graduate with Degree in Engineering (preferably in civil engineering, water resources engineering or water and sanitation engineering) Business Administration or Finance.
ii. Must possess relevant postgraduate from a recognized University.
iii. Must have at least five years experience in a senior management position in the water and sewerage sector.
iv. Must be computer literate.
Not more 55 years of age of the time of application in addition to the qualification mentioned the incumbent expected to posses the following trails
i. High integrity and accountability
ii. Ability to innovate, stir and manage changes
iii. Good capacity to explore/establish business opportunities and networking
iv. Strategic thinking and decision making
v. Good communication, mentorship and interpersonal skills
vi. Capacity to work hard, under pressure and meet deadlines
vii. Ability to build and maintain working teams, and good lasting relationship with customers, stakeholder and employees.
This post with attractive package according to the Authority’s scheme of services and salary. The successful candidate will be accorded a 4 year renewable contract based on the performance.
If you possess and believe you ‘meet the required qualifications and attributes mentioned above, please submit or send a hand written application letter attached with update Cubiculum aviate showing your complete contact details, address enclosing two letter from referees with their full contact copies of relevant academic qualification certificate and other relevant testimonials
i. Tanga UWASA is an equal opportunity employer
ii. Only shortlisted candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Application letter should reach undersigned before 31st January, 2018 and addressed to.
The chairman of The Board of Directors,
Tanga urban water Supply & Sanitation Authority
P o Box 5011, TANGA