The Tanzania Red cross society is a voluntary humanitarian organization established by parliamentary ACT no 71 of 1962 The TRCS is guided by the seven Fundamental principles of the red cross and Crescent Movement.
The society is well established in all regions of Tanzania society mainland and Zanzibar and has a well – coordinated volunteer based network.
Tanzania red society is looking for the dynamic persons to fill the following position.
Refugee Program coordinator
Reporting to : Director of Disaster Management
Department : Disaster Management
Duty station : Kigoma / Kasulu / Kibondo
Contract Duration :1 year, renewable
- The job holder is responsible for the coordination, management, development of Tanzania Red cross society (TRCS) programming I the area of operation s/he overseas program implementation according to TRCS strategies and ensure that operations are implemented within TRCS regulations producers and guidelines.
- The Refugee program coordinator is the TRCS field management representative with relevant actors in the area of operation s/he is the line manager for all staff with area responsibilities and s/he responsible for ensuring a result alienated team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities.
- To represent all aspect of program and operations and has overall accountability for the area operation
- To act as the primary TRCS representative in the area of operation and attend all relevant forums/meeting in order to foster relationships with Government authorities and relevant stakeholders.
- To maintain close working relationships and leads negotiations – officers of UNHCR,UNICEF,WFP, and other UN
- To organize and host donors during visits to project sites
- To closely coordinate with the senior management team at TRCS HQ ensuring regular information flow
- To ensure oversight on quality and timelines of proposals and report before submission to TRCS HQ and donors/representatives.
Desired qualifications and experience.
- University degree with advanced training /courses either in management, public health, international relations, or any other related field form a reputable academic institution
- A minimum of 5 years management experience, overseeing humanitarian and development mult- sector, multi donor programmers in complex and volatile environment
- Proven experience in strategic development and program design, planning implementation ,monitoring and evaluation
- Practical and extensive financial HR and administration management experience with extensive knowledge of budgets development/management and finance document ion
How To Apply:Application may be submitted via post officer or by hand delivery, but not by email. The deadline for submission is 24th January 2018 by 16:00 hrs,
Tanzania Red cross society is an opportunity employer and therefore qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.
The secretary general
Tanzania Red Cross Society
P. o Box 1133,
DAR ES SALAAM