World Vision Tanzania (WVT) is seeking to recruit suitably qualified candidate to fill the following vacant position: Security Officer - Reference 9229-17N25043
Application Deadline Date: 23-Jan-18
Duration: 1-2 Years
Purpose of the position:
- To ensure core security requirements are adhered, security systems are implemented and communicated for smooth articulation of organizational operations.
- Observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality spiritual life that is exemplary to others.
- To advise the management and staff on key security issues that may affect operations.
- Together with Deputy National Director and Associate Director-Support Services, ensure core security requirements are implemented and regularly monitored in line with audit security requirements.
- To carry out security risk assessments and provide timely advice on appropriate measures and actions.
- To assist Security Manager in developing and monitoring appropriate evacuation and other contingency plans for national office and projects.
- To assist Security Manager providing technical support in establishment and maintenance of an efficient security structures and protocols (like security focal points and security phone call tree).
- Timely preparation and submission of incident reports to Regional Security Director and through FST.
- Build capacity to staff on security issues.
- Networking with local security authorities in the project areas and the country at large.
- Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Diploma in Security Management, Criminal Investigation, Criminal Justice, Criminology, Law or related fields.
Experience: 2-3 years in supervisory/managerial role in military/security.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in working with peace keeping force will be an added advantage.
- Computer skills and software knowledge
- Good coordination capability.
- Good planning and organization skills
- Networking and influencing skills.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with all levels of staff.
- Good communication skills.
To learn more about the job, minimum requirements and how to apply kindly visit our Career Page:
Apply online, CLICK HERE to be directed to the job page!