TAHAFresh is premier logistics services provider in Tanzania. Established in 2008, TAHAFresh has become a one stop center for logistics services which are tailored to its customers' needs. The company has evolved from horticulture cargo handling to integrated logistics services covering airfreight and sea/ocean freight forwarding, trucking, customs clearing and forwarding as well as insurance.
As a Declaration Officer you shall report to the Clearing & Forwarding Supervisor and be guided by the following duties and responsibilities;
You shall be doing the following;
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive inquiries from customers and advise on document requirements for clearing consignments both, imports and exports. Informs / notifies the client of any changes with TRA systems and Customs Regulations.
- Ensure all relevant documents for imports are received, checked, assessed and uploaded in the system correctly.
- Establish correct classification of the commodity and assign correct H.S. Codes. This include to guide clients on proper customs declaration and classification of harmonized codes.
- Apply for the IDFs/Assessments through TRA system, follow up the process and forward to client once passed.
- Ensures that correct values are used in all declarations to avoid uplifts of values which may lead to delays with clearance of consignments.
- Ensures adherence to laid down Customs regulations for both import and exports to avoid possible losses which may arise as a result of penalties
- Advise the client on import restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements and other customs related matters.
- Ensure all clearing documents are properly recorded and archived for invoicing and future reference
- Ensure all regulatory requirements to engage in the clearing and forwarding business are up to date and the company is in compliance
- • Track shipments and follow up with the forwarder / shipping line regarding vessels' arrival dates at the destination and inform management in case of delays.
- Send clear instructions to the customer regarding the clearing documentation as per country requirements and maintain frequent communications with the client until the shipment is delivered.
- Ensure that Finance Department bills clients the correct amount as per consignment by declaring and registering import/export entries on time.
- Ensure that trucking services providers respect the country's importlexport regulations, transit routes and any other regulatory requirements
- Ensure that all import-export shipments are done under proper insurance coverage and seek compensation on behalf of the customer for any loss.
- Maintain a strong relationship with customs and other authorities to ensure that goods are cleared in the fastest manner with the lowest cost and to ensure that new import regulations are well observed.
- Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor from time to time.
- At least a certificate in East Africa Custom Clearing and Forwarding from either the Institute of Tax Administration, National Institute of Transport or Bandari College. A Diploma will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years experience in customs clearing and forwarding.
- Ability to use TANCIS system is a must.
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in customs declaration
- Customer support experience and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Ability to maintain productive and strong relationships with customers
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Swahili
The application should address the
Human Resource Manager,
TAHAFresh Handling Limited,
P. 0. Box 16520,
Only email application with the position title placed in the subject line is accepted. Your application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is 31st March, 2018
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES SHALL BE CONTACTED.
Your application should include:
• Cover letter describing your interest and work experience
• Curriculum vitae with names and telephone contacts of at least three referees.
• Copies of relevant certificates