European Union Delegation to Tanzania is looking for an Interim Programme Officer, Natural Resources Section- REF: OPS/2018/EU-NRS
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known as EU Delegations, which have similar functions to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Tanzania in the partnership with Tanzania and the East African Community:
Shares the values and interests of the European Union:
Promotes fundamental rights, good governance and accountable democracy;
Supports Tanzania's development agenda and sustainable development goals for a better life for all
Stimulates inclusive growth, private sector and job creation:
Fosters regional peace and stability, economic integration and trade development
We offer a full time (37.5 hours a week). Under this post, recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Programme Officer. This job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation.
This is a full time employment and the duty station is Dar es Salaam. The post is allocated in salary group 2 which has a minimum gross salary of 3,370,149 TZS per month.
We offer other entitlements as per European Union human resources procedures applicable to locally recruited staff. The definitive salary will be determined based on the professional experience of the successful candidate. We offer a competitive position in an international environment.
Under the responsibility of the Head of Cooperation and the Head of Sector of the Natural
Resources Section, the Programme Officer will require to support the implementation of programmes and projects in the thematic area of Agriculture and engage in policy dialogue as required.
Functions and duties:
Policy analysis and coordination (Sector analysis, strategy formulation and programming, coordination)
Contribute to increasing the effectiveness of EU–Tanzania relations in the field of agriculture.
Support policy dialogue with relevant Ministries, agencies, private sector, stakeholders and development partners.
Monitor, contribute to sector analysis and report regularly and timely on issues related to agriculture.
Coordinate with other donors and other stakeholders in the sector.
PROGRAMME / PROCESS / PROJECT MANAGEMENT (Project cycle management)
- Manage projects and programmes throughout the project cycle (including identification and appraisal, preparation of agreements and contracts, follow up of implementation, monitoring, evaluation and audit, and dissemination of results).
- Assist with procurement processes (including preparation and management of calls for proposals and tenders, evaluation process and contracting) including the appraisal and selection of projects and award of contract.
- Contribute to the external monitoring and evaluation of projects and programmes.
- Exchange regularly with partners and stakeholders and ensure complementarity with other project and programmes.
- When and where required, support/replace other members of the operations team.
- Provide timely sectoral information when requested.
- Contribute to internal reporting
EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION (Reporting, visibility and representation)
- Support the Delegation in defining and fulfilling visibility objectives and activities.
- Ensure adequate visibility of EU-funded projects in Tanzania.
- Support production and dissemination of projects results and events management
- Contribute to drafting of publications, speeches, press releases, including material to be posted on social media
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
Completed university studies of at least four (4) years' duration attested by a diploma in an area related to Agriculture or relevant field. A master diploma would be an asset.
Demonstrate 5 years of professional experience in the field of agriculture, rural development or other area pertinent to the duties to be carried out.
LINGUISTICS ABILITY AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Previous professional experience in the field of rural development, on issues related to agriculture, land, rural infrastructure, fisheries,
- Previous professional experience in Tanzania in the agriculture field.
- Knowledge of EU Development policy, strategies and tools related to Agriculture, Food Security and Nutrition;
- Previous experience with EU External Actions Contract and Financial procedures pertaining with EU External Action, notably EDF;
KNOWLEDGE OF IT TOOLS
- Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your application and supporting documents to DELEGATION-TANZANIA-HR-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu The package should include a cover letter and a detailed CV. The selection process will include evaluation of applications, written tests for qualified candidates to be followed by oral interviews for shortlisted candidates. EU is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants should be legally allowed to live and work in Tanzania.
The delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to DELEGATION-TANZANIA-HR-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu the deadline for applications is 29/03/2018