Mkombozi Commercial Bank Plc is a fully fledged Commercial Bank established in 2009. The Bank has set base in Dar es Salaam, Morogoro, Moshi, Mwanza and Bukoba. The Bank is inviting suitable applicants to assist the Bank to fulfil its ambition of growing fast and expand its banking business operations across the country.
LOAN OFFICER – SOLIDARITY GROUP LENDING - 3 POSTS
Responsible for recruitment and training of clients as per the banks laid down policies and procedures during registration, loan applications, appraisal, loan disbursement and recovery.
Reports to - Branch Supervisor –Solidarity Group Lending
Duties and responsibilities
- Administering group loans application, appraisal and disbursement.
- Managing loan portfolio to ensure that the portfolio at risk is very small.
- Preparation of portfolio monthly and Quarterly reports.
- Answer enquiries concerning loan balances, penalties and credit standing of customers.
- Keep records of arrears (behind in payments) and prepare routine letters or make telephone calls requesting payment.
- Make recommendations to the Credit Supervisor about the likelihood of recovering loans and whether legal action will be required.
- Prepare reports on credit ratings of customers.
- Relocates, identifies, seeks contact with defaulters and reminds them of their obligations towards the bank and/or discusses with them how to serve the outstanding loan. This shall involve a re-analysis of the defaulter’s financial status followed by a comprehensive agreement with the customer on a rescheduled repayment plan.
- Properly classifies all loans under his/her control and informs Head of Credit of necessary provisions every month;
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly loan accounting work, as required for off-balance sheet loans (written off);
- Compiles all required periodic recovery returns for the Branch;
- To ensure strict and continuous follow-up of his/her outstanding portfolio by checking the daily up-dated arrears list;
- To ensure that records of all loans paid off are properly filed away and securities are delivered to legitimate owners.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- Holders of Degree/Advanced Diploma in, Banking and Finance, Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration or related.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge.
- Conversant with fundamentals skills of Solidarity Group Lending.
- Possession of a proven Customer Services skills.
- Experience in Solidarity group lending will be added advantage.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS OF ALL POSTS
- Letter of Job application.
- Copies of academic Certificates.
- Curriculum vitae enclosing details of work experience, skills and with postal and telephone contacts of three non-relative referees.
- Clean record of personal/work Integrity and non-criminal conviction.
- Applicants must be a self-motivated person who can work under tight time frames with minimal supervision.
- Applicants must be Fluent in English & Swahili with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present results with computer aided tools with excellent written communication skills.
Very attractive and competitive salary will be given to the successful candidates.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All applications should reach the undersigned before 1700hrs on 29th March 2018.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Mkombozi Commercial Bank Plc
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA