Job Opportunity for the Position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Assistant - Disaster Risk Reduction Project In Msalala District.
Capacity Building Initiative for Poverty Alleviation (CABUIPA) is the organization that was registered and incorporated under the companies Act of 2002. It is a company limited by guarantee and not having share capital. The organization was registered on 27th April 2007. Currently, CABUIPA is working in partnership with Oxfam to implement the project entitled “Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) in Msalala District. The project aims to achieve three results namely:
1. Understanding of DRR- Conduct Vulnerability Risk Assessments (VRA), formation of knowledge groups and creating opportunities for knowledge sharing and management.
2. Response Preparedness- Putting in place or reactivating information and alert systems and linking communities with relevant stakeholders, develop preparedness/contingency plan, strengthening systems to access contingency stocks and setting up a Humanitarian Response Grant facility.
3. Mitigation and resilience- Creating avenues for income generating activities to mitigate against risks and supporting sustainable community –managed adaptation measures and increase knowledge and innovation to mitigate impact of natural hazards.
CABUIPA as an implementingpartner of the project entitled ‘’ Disaster Risk Reduction project in Msalala District” is looking for the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Assistant to fill in the following vacant position:
Title: DRR Monitoring, Evaluation and LearningAssistant (Full-time)
Position reports to: CABUIPA Project Coordinator and Project Officer
Location: Msalala District, Shinyanga Region
Duration: 2 years (Renewable due to availability of funds)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
1. Participate in conducting Vulnerability Risk Assessment (VRA) in Msalala District involving citizens (ordinary men and women), local government leaders, and district officials in Msalala District.
2. Design project related Information, Education and Communication (IEC) Materials involving local artisans and disseminate these to project participants.
3. Provide support on collective Community Preparedness Actions (evacuation shelters, materials, etc)
4. Provide on-going support to Ward Agricultural Extension Officers in a way that enables them to provide regular agricultural extension services to communities.
5. Provide support to construction of water diversion, drainage channels & collection chambers and community owned food storage facilities at ward level.
6. Take lead in establishing appropriate monitoring system and implementation
7. Develop and refine project M&E system to meet the reporting requirements, including knowledge management .and coordinate its implementation to generate project results and learnings
8. Facilitate to identify topics and conduct action research, capitalization and Governance spoken of project experiences and management of knowledge generated
9. Build the capacity of project and partner staff on M&E, action research and knowledge management activities
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
⦁ Bachelor Degree in Development Studies, demographic/statistics or social work(including Project Design, Monitoring and Evaluation, Documentation and Learning) with at least 3 years’ experience in monitoring, evaluating and learning in development/humanitarian projects.
⦁ Experience in Donor-funded projects is preferable
⦁ Excellent knowledge of English and in Kiswahili
⦁ Knowledge and skills in conductingproject evaluations, assessments, research studies including extensive experience in data collection, entry, analysis and presentation.
⦁ Ability to design and use M&E system, plans & data collection tools.
⦁ Experience of data processing & analysis for producing meaningful analytical reports.
⦁ Understanding of Gender and Social Inclusion Poverty
⦁ Team player, strong in communication with sound and written English Swahili skills and presentations
⦁ Experience in preparing quality narrative reports.
⦁ Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Data Processing packages, PowerPoint; Outlook)
⦁ Self- trust and confident in working with development/humanitarian projects
⦁ Ability to work independently to meet deadlines
How to apply:
All interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience listed above should channel their cover letters, detailed resumes/CVs and certified copies of their relevant certificates to:
Capacity Building Initiative for Poverty Alleviation (CABUIPA)
PO Box 748
Office Tel: +255 769 317 296
Deadline for submitting the applications: Application letters should reach the address named above before 26th March 2018 at 1700HRS.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted for the interview.
No phone calls please.