The World Bank Tanzania Country Office requires the services of a Receptionist on a 3-year term appointment. The Receptionist will be responsible mainly for receiving the clients as the first point of contact; providing general assistance with correspondence and information inquiries. This position works closely with and reports to the Executive Assistant under the overall supervision of the Country Director.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.
JOB #: 180387
JOB TITLE: Office Assistant
JOB FAMILY: Administration
JOB TYPE: Administrative
LOCATION: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
RECRUITMENT TYPE: Local Hire
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT: English [Essential]
CLOSING DATE: 02-Apr-2018
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Greets, assists and announces clients, vendors and others in the office.
- Provides appropriate basic responses and directs visitors to appropriate individuals.
- Provide a high-quality telephone service (the switchboard) – answering queries, taking accurate phone messages and ensure that they are routed in a timely manner to the intended recipient and in an efficient, pleasant and effective manner.
- Update the staff contacts list and distribute monthly.
- Updating visiting missions staff list on a daily basis
- Maintain an up-to-date Emergency Contact List for the Country Office staff and visitors.
- Manages incoming and outgoing mail, ensure that any mail addressed to the Country Office is properly registered and reaches the Front Office as quickly as possible.
- Working with the Transport Coordinator, arrange a timely distribution of incoming and outgoing mails from/to the Bank clients as well as internal recipients; record official letter dispatches by keeping a detailed log.
- Working with the Office Assistant, handle all incoming and outgoing courier/pouch and ensure staff provide the relevant charge codes and ensuring that courier track and trace lists are updated.
- Receive courier invoices, sort and check the courier bills before payment, and prepare the payment memo with the relevant charge codes.
- Receive vendor invoices and ensure they are recorded and routed to relevant staff for further processing.
- Assists internal and external clients with general inquiries and/or provides guidance.
- Supports logistics coordination for conferences, workshops, retreats, learning events, send invitations to participants and follow up on confirmation of attendance as necessary.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of Government Officials, Donors, UN agencies, Non-Governmental Organizations, vendors and other institutions and persons regularly associated with the work of the Country Office.
- Ensure a neat and tidy appearance of reception and waiting area.
- Provide back-up support to other ACS staff as needed.
- Provide general office support as required and assigned to ensure the smooth functioning of the Country Office.
• Minimum of certificate in Business Studies or related fields
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• At least 5 years of relevant working experience
• Proven ability to work well in teams, especially in multi-cultural environment
• Ability to work under pressure and within specific deadlines
• Ability to work with tact and respect confidentially, as appropriate
• Technology and systems knowledge - Able to conduct routine work using basic software applications (Microsoft Office, Outlook) and appropriate technology and /or data base management systems.
• Client Orientation - Demonstrates positive client service attitude; is able to develop good working relationships with internal/external clients.
• Drive for Results - Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
• Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion - Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
• Knowledge, Learning and Communication - Demonstrates tact and judgment, good listening and communication skills. Exhibits interest in learning and enhancing own abilities and sharing knowledge.