Camara Education Tanzania is seeking qualified candidates for the Volunteer position as Technical Volunteer
Company Name:Camara Education Tanzania
Job title : Technical Volunteer
Job type: Volunteer
Job Category: IT& Telecommunication
LOCATION: Ursino street, House no.20, Plot no.59
Mikocheni, Dar es salaam
ROLE TITLE: Technical Volunteer
ROLE TYPE: Unpaid internship
REPORTING TO: Technical Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Camara Education Tanzania(camara.org/tan)
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Technical volunteer is responsible in monitoring and maintaining the computer hardware
and software of Camara Education Tanzania.He/She will be responsible for assisting technical
officer in installation and configuration of computer systems, diagnose hardware and software
faults in addition to being the point person in solving technical and application problems.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware,operating systems and applications.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Surveying technical needs for school
- Prepare equipment for dispatches to camara customer and make sure they are in required standard.
- Visit school to install computers and other ICT systems
- Visit school to conduct vetting and maintenance of computer and other ICT systems
- Repair problematic equipment that are current in stock and those already dispatched to customer
- Adhere to safety standards in all operations and ensure all equipments are kept in safe and
- secure way
- Prepare and submit report on technical and non-technical operations
- Performing any other related duties assigned by a superior from time to time.
- Following office rules at all times
- Ensuring that all documents are kept confidential
Required education, experience and competence
- The minimum qualifications for the position are:
- Bachelor degree/Diploma in IT/ICT/Computer science or Computer Engineering.
- Substantial technical skills in PC hardware maintenance, all desktop devices and operating
- systems.(Especially linux operating system)
- Experience in installing and troubleshooting a wide range of software applications.
- Knowledge of Information Technology and the ability to quickly learn new systems and
How to apply
Send your application letter and CV to email@example.com
Deadline: 29th March 2018