Role Title: C&F Manager / Team Lead
Department: Clearing & Forwarding
Reporting to (Position Title): C&F Lead
No. of Direct Reports: None
WHO WE ARE
ALISTAIR is one of East and Southern Africa’s fastest growing service companies, providing a variety of self-delivered logistics solutions with core competencies in road freight and operational hire of material handling equipment. The business has gone from strength to strength, growing quickly in both its geographical coverage and variety of services offered to clients. At the moment, the Group employees over 400 personnel, delivers services across sixteen countries and is poised for significant further expansion.
- Material Supply
- Customs Clearance
- Road Freight
- Material Handling
- Storage and Warehousing
- Offshore & Onshore Equipment Rental
- Specialized Inspection Services
To be known as the Company that makes Africa work better.
Honesty, Customer Focus, Continual Improvement, Humility, and Safety.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
Are you someone with a hunger for growth, a “whatever it takes mentality” and understands the advantages of a team environment and what it takes to thrive in one? Are you someone who Questions things and looks for improvements? Do you have experience in taking a fast growing service line to a greater height? Then you may be perfect for our team leader job.
We’re looking for a talented and passionate individual to join our company and to lead the Clearing & Forwarding team to greater heights. You’ll supervise approximately 10 full-time employees. Some background in Local Imports, border clearing and transit goods would be nice, but what’s more important for us right now is that you are able to understand clients' need and problems and provide solutions using Alistair Group current and potential resources, also understand what makes team members tick and what motivates them to grow and excel.
We’d love to hear from candidates their experiences about how they brought innovation and growth to the business and have efficiently managed a team of people to reach the company goal.
Your key roles will include but not limited to:
Ensuring clearing takes place as per the time KPIs by closely supervising the current statuses of shipments and prompting the Declaration team to take the next step.
Assisting in Responding to client queries (Documents & other clearance related questions)
Consistently monitoring the clearance dashboard and supervising the declaration officer’s team to do their tasks in a timely manner.
Ensuring documents are checked by Declarations Officer upon receiving pre-alerts
Inspections – Setting up and Ensuring SGS inspection is done when needed - Ensuring BV inspections is done when needed
Writing letters - Drafting letters for clearance purposes, includes permits we need, ID'S any other special requests depending on what is needed for clearance purposes
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Supervisory skills experience managing team over 10 people
- Good Interpersonal Relations and ability to communicate well
- Discipline & Focus, Attention to Detail, Solution Oriented
- Ability & willingness to learn things fast. (Smart Sheets & TANCIS Basics)
- Faultless administration skills ensuring procedures are being followed accurately.
- Problem solving skills to ensure obstacles to progress are overcome
Qualifications & Experience
- Possess a high degree of integrity, honesty and confidentiality.
- Diploma/ Degree in Clearing and Forwarding or any related.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Clearing & Forwarding for Local Imports, border clearing and transit goods (preferable)
- Flexible in work habits and schedules, ready to work for longer hours when required.
- Must have knowledge of government procedures & customs laws relating to imports, exports and transit goods for air, sea and road freight cargo. (preferable)
- Fluent English and Kiswahili
How To Apply:
To apply for this position click here and apply online >> APPLY NOW