An international Group specializing in Conformity assessment (inspection, testing and Certification) and present in many countries is opening the following positions for its office in Tanzania.
Positions: Oil & Petroleum Inspections Team Lead
- Matriculation Certificate (Mathematics and Science an advantage) or
- Pre sea training at a recognized nautical training institute with minimum class 3 certificate of competency or
- Master Mariner qualification with appropriate experience e.g. bulk commodity handling (minimum 5 years) or
- Physically fit for the specifications of the position
- Written and spoken English and Swahili (other languages would be an added value)
- The candidates with experience in a client management/ sales
Required skills and abilities:
- Relevant Marine Inspection and testing / shipping experience (minimum 2 years in operations and 2 years in a supervisory position is required)
- Held IFIA certification
To ensure that all inspections and testing are carried out according to standards and requirements of appointment / contract conditions and client requirements by:
- Initiating the testing and inspection reporting processes by giving relevant documentation or communication to the Operations Co-ordinator/Senior Inspector/Laboratory Supervisor.
- Coordinating and executing the jobs through the assessment of job requirements and the utilization of appropriate resources.
- Liaising with port authorities, Terminals, vessel agents and other relevant bodies on, for example, vessel ETA’s, tankage nominations, vessel stowage, vessel ETC, line fullness checks etc. to expedite operational appointments.
- Communicating with clients on the progress of jobs and answering queries and solving or discussing job problems with clients or handling potentially sensitive operational situations with clients.
- Answering queries or providing guidance relating to complex or technical aspects of inspection, testing, coastal surveying to clients and the Managing Director.
- Reporting potentially sensitive operational problems / situations immediately to senior managers.
- Inspecting operations and /or ensuring that regular audits are conducted by the Management Representative for Quality and then taking corrective action against identified shortcomings.
- Investigating disputes and discrepancies relating to job assignments and compiling official reports of findings and recommendations to management.
- Compiling monthly area reports to Management covering aspects such as market share, trends in client nominations and preferences of survey companies, comments on future prospects and competitors activities, etc.
- Keeping up to date with the latest market, inspection and testing developmental trends both locally and internationally (through procedures and technical bulletins via API, ASTM, IFIA; then recommending changes in operations or potential market diversification opportunities for approval by the Managing Director.
- Ensuring that systems, procedures and standards are set up or maintained in the department to support the rendition of services to clients within the company’s expectations and parameters and any relevant legislative requirements.
In order that the inspection and testing functions conform to appointment conditions and standards, quality standards and legal prescriptions.
- To conduct inspections (surveying) when required according to appointment conditions and quality management system standards
To manage the resources (including staff), which comprises operations (inspections) and a laboratory function (testing) by:
- Determining resource requirements for the area based on type of work location and volume of work.
- Managing staff members by setting and communicating performance and role requirements, orientating newly appointed staff members, monitoring staff’s performances, taking corrective action viz discipline, counseling, training, coaching, appraising etc., recruiting and appointing staff (in conjunction with HR) and attending to normal staff related matters.
- Ensuring compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations by checking the environment and operations against regulations and addressing any shortcomings.
In order that the area under your supervision is adequately resourced and capable of fulfilling job appointment obligations.
Applicants fulfilling the above minimum qualification and experience can send their application (detailed CV and motivation letter) by email to email@example.com mentioning ref. “TZA – O&P TEAM LEAD 2018”.