Job Position: System Developer at National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR)
Responsible for developing, testing, improving and maintaining new and existing databases to help researchers/users retrieve data effectively.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design stable, reliable and effective databases
- Optimize and maintain legacy systems
- Modify databases according to requests and perform tests
- Solve database usage issues and malfunctions
- Liaise with developers to improve applications and establish best practices
- Gather user requirements and identify new features
- Develop technical and training manuals
- Provide data management support to users
- Ensure all database programs meet NIMR and performance requirements
- Research and suggest new database products, services and protocols
- Proven work experience as a Database developer
- Working experience in software development and database management systems.
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security, and monitoring)
- Hands-on experience with SQL Server or MySQL
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- An ability to understand front-end users’ requirements and a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BSc degree in Computer Science or a related information technology field
- At least 2 years of experience with programming languages such C#
DURATION OF CONTRACT:
A one-year contract which may be renewed on the basis of performance and mutual agreement.
A competitive salary will be awarded to a successful candidate
Mode of Applications
All applications should be enclosed with certified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae. Applicants are required to submit their applications not later than one week after the first appearance of this advertisement to the address below. Applicants are also reminded to indicate all contact information necessary with which information can reach them easily. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. In case you do not hear from us in two weeks’ time after the closing date, consider yourself unsuccessful.
The Centre Director,
National Institute for Medical Research.
Muhimbili Medical Research Centre.
P O Box 3436.
Dar Es Salaam, TANZANIA.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
Application Deadline: 13 August, 2018
Please ensure that you mention www.jobstanzania.net as the source of this job advertisement.
Sharing is caring! Click on the icons below to share with family and friends