Amref Health Africa is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB. Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa is teaming up with University of Maryland in Baltimore (UMB) to complement each other’s extensive expertise to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade Project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals for HIV epidemic control in Tanzania.
The Project which is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania. branded as Afya Kamilifu Project will be implemented in Tanga region and Zanzibar Islands in collaboration and guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health. Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children.
Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). With this Amref Health Africa Tanzania is announcing the following positions to be filled for this Project
Location Amref Country Offices in Tanga and Zanzibar
Reports to: Project Manager Zanzibar I Tanga
The focus of community linkage and track is to strengthen referral and linkage from testing services to enrollment, retention in care and adherence to ART in the first 12 months in respective region and districts with frequent technical advice and guidance from the Project Community Linkage/ tracking HTS advisor
- Assist the Community linkage/tracking ad in strengthening linkage to HIV care through the use of the expert patients/peer navigators to physically escort newly diagnosed PLHIV to the CTC.
- Strengthen bidirectional referrals from community HIV testing services and follow up of partners of index clients at the facility.
- Strengthen Linkage and retention of clients in treatment including identification and operationalization of community-based ART delivery models that are flexible and responsive to the needs of PLHIV (using CHW and stable clients).
- Support adherence and improve community support groups to support PLHIVs adherence to ART and TB medication
- Provide linkage of PLHIV to the economic strengthening and life skills training
- Assist the community linkage advisor in the implementation of community programs specifically on the engagement of community health workers on tracing of defaulters to minimize the loss to follow up of pre-ART and ART clients through improving evidence linkages between health facilities and community.
- Responsible with the achievement of agreed targets and outputs of HIV care and support at the community level
- Collaborate with CHMTs to identify training needs for community health workers and organize basic and refresher training using currently recommended national curriculums
- Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Medical or social science degree
- Proven critical analysis skills and report writing skills.
- At least 2 years of “hands-on experience” at a senior position in a community-based program in an NGO which is active in health development.
- Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and builder.
- Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage
These jobs offer competitive salary and excellent work environment.
How To Apply:
Interested individuals fulfilling the required criteria should email their application letter and CV combined as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org including daytime telephone contact names and addresses of three referees by Wednesday, 19th September 2018. Applicants must clearly state the position being appiied for in the subject line of the email.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
Amref Health Africa -Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Source: The Guardian September 05, 2018
“You can also find these jobs advert on the Daily News of 06th September, 2018”