Amref Health Africa is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB. Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa is teaming up with University of Maryland in Baltimore (UMB) to complement each other’s extensive expertise to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade Project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals for HIV epidemic control in Tanzania.
The Project which is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania. branded as Afya Kamilifu Project will be implemented in Tanga region and Zanzibar Islands in collaboration and guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health. Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children.
Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). With this Amref Health Africa Tanzania is announcing the following positions to be filled for this Project
Position: Data Quality Specialist (1)
Location: Amref Country Office Dar es Salaam, with frequent travels to Tanga and Zanzibar
Reports to: Associate Director-Strategic Information
The Data Quality specialist is responsible for the design and implementation of the program’s monitoring and evaluation system. S/he provides support to M&E department in developing the Afya Kamilifu monitoring and evaluation plan and internal systems to collect and analyze the data used to measure the program’s key performance indicators. S/he will be responsible for developing Project database to cover program’s data need. He/She will be required to travel in Tanga and Zanzibar on occasional bases to support partners in data management issues and perform a variety of technical and computer support functions
- work together with SI team and other program staff in Tanga and Zanzibar to:
- Manage the Databases (DHIS2 and IQ tools) and any other databases
- Design and manage the Project’s database that will be used to store, manage and analyze the performance indicators identified in the PMP.
- Assists partners with set-up, testing, and implementation of data collection software
- Develop, manage and implement the Project’s Data Management systems, including relevant performance indicators, baselines, and annual targets and ensures compliance to PEPFAR requirements.
- Develops/adapts tools for data collection; designs and implements surveys and other data collection tasks.
- Provides monitoring data regularly that strategically inform the decisions on Project performance and future direction to the Amref
- Health Africa management team;
- Troubleshoots data submission errors and data error issues
- Provides on-going consultation and technical assistance to Partners regarding database administration
- To ensure the data quality control through a data validation plan, data queries, programming consistency checks and data cleaning as well as through coding and harmonizing of information
Maintain and ensure proper functioning of all databases used by Afya kamilifu Project (IQ tool, LTF tracking, Pediatric testing tracking database, HBC, VCT, CTC2 database, HIT system, DHIS2 and Pharmacy Module)
Performs any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required educational qualification/ Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Health Informatics with good programming skills. Masters Degree in Data Management or Public
- Health Informatics will be of added advantage.
- A minimum of three years’ experience at a similar position in HIV care and treatment program
Technical Skill Requirements
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and database management systems (SQL Server, access etc).
- Knowledge of SQL for database development
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in correcting data errors or omissions
- Considerable knowledge of data management policies and procedures
Personal Skill Requirements
- Initiative, Self motivated, Flexibility, confidentiality, team player, creative and proactive mind in the implementation of new ideas
- Ability to resolve problems and find best solutions in data management.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work.
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology.
- Ability to manage multiple Projects simultaneously with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
These jobs offer competitive salary and excellent work environment.
How To Apply:
Interested individuals fulfilling the required criteria should email their application letter and CV combined as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org including daytime telephone contact names and addresses of three referees by Wednesday, 19th September 2018. Applicants must clearly state the position being appiied for in the subject line of the email.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
Amref Health Africa -Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Source: The Guardian September 05, 2018
“You can also find these jobs advert on the Daily News of 06th September, 2018”