Amref Health Africa is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB. Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa is teaming up with University of Maryland in Baltimore (UMB) to complement each other’s extensive expertise to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade Project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals for HIV epidemic control in Tanzania.
The Project which is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania. branded as Afya Kamilifu Project will be implemented in Tanga region and Zanzibar Islands in collaboration and guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health. Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children.
Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). With this Amref Health Africa Tanzania is announcing the following positions to be filled for this Project
Position: HIV Prevention and Testing Advisor (1)
Location: Amref Country Office Dar es Salaam, with frequent travels to Tanga and Zanzibar
Reports to: Clinical Services Specialist
The focus of this role is to strengthen strategic HIV prevention and identification of PLHIV. increase positivity and coverage to attain the first 95 of the HIV clinical cascade.
- Responsible for designing effective differentiated identification of PLHIV that aligns with the national standard for HIV testing.
- Support provision of minimum package of prevention services including integration of GEIV, FP and CECAP services in all care and treatment facilities
- Advise on the development of effective evidence-based differentiated testing models for identification of PLHIV targeting high risk sub-groups at facility level including older men, young adults, adolescent girls and young women, and Key and vulnerable population
- Strengthen knowledge, skills and practices of HTS among HCWs working in TB, Sexual and Reproductive
- Health Clinics. TB suspects, Clients with STI, children attending TEI clinics, malnutrition clinic, and those admitted in pediatric wards.
- Facilitate STI screening and treatment in accordance with the national HlViAIDSiSTl guideline.
- Responsible for integration of post-GBV and VAC services within the existing care and treatment seryices in all supported facilities include HIV Post
- Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP), STI screening and treatment, basic psycho-social assessment and counseling, care and support, collection of forensic evidence, and referral to the police or legal systems and to other community services for GBV survivors
- Strengthen cervical cancer screening among all PLHIV women in the supported facilities as per national guidelines
- Prepare quarterly, semiannually and annually narrative reports to be submitted to key stakeholders.
- Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Medical or social science background, with Masters in public health
- Proven critical analysis skills and report writing skills.
- At least 5 years of “hands on experience” at a senior position in HIV prevention , care and treatment program in resource limited country
- Experience working in NGO which is active in health development.
- Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and builder.
- Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage.
These jobs offer competitive salary and excellent work environment.
How To Apply:
Interested individuals fulfilling the required criteria should email their application letter and CV combined as one document to email@example.com including daytime telephone contact names and addresses of three referees by Wednesday, 19th September 2018. Applicants must clearly state the position being appiied for in the subject line of the email.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
Amref Health Africa -Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Source: The Guardian September 05, 2018
“You can also find these jobs advert on the Daily News of 06th September, 2018”