Amref Health Africa is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB. Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa is teaming up with University of Maryland in Baltimore (UMB) to complement each other’s extensive expertise to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade Project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals for HIV epidemic control in Tanzania.
The Project which is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania. branded as Afya Kamilifu Project will be implemented in Tanga region and Zanzibar Islands in collaboration and guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health. Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children.
Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). With this Amref Health Africa Tanzania is announcing the following positions to be filled for this Project
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officers (5 Posts)
Location: Amref Country Offices in Tanga and Zanzibar
Reports to: Project Manager Zanzibar / Tanga
The M&E officer monitoring and evaluating initiatives, programs and Projects, both new and established, providing accountability and ensuring efficiency and success endures. Srhe will provide feedback to the direct supervisor for establishing, modifying and monitoring key program level performance indicators to report and record physical progress for specific programs and Projects within all program areas of the Project.
- Provide a Continuous observation and measurement of standards of care delivery and program management;
- Measuring success of treatment outcomes via viral suppression, morbidity, mortality, and Lost To Follow Up
- Facilitation of understanding, sharing, and learning among CHMTs/RHMTs to build their capacity to perform internal M&E and improve data-driven culture
- Measuring quality of laboratory services and management systems in providing HIV testing and monitoring services.
- Strengthen routine data collection using existing national tools for care and treatment. reproductive and child health tools, TB and MTUHA as well as the existing national HIWTBIRCH facility databases.
- Work with RHMTs, CHMTs and site supervisors to conduct trainings, refresher training, onsite mentorship and supportive supervisions on data in all supported CTCs, RCHS clinics. and TB facilities.
- Collaborate with NACP to conduct quarterly DQAs and ensure that data is collated, cleaned and validated.
- Ensure all data entry clerks are trained on PMS and CTC2 database
- Ensure data entry clerks have a basic training ion the job training on basics of troubleshooting for both database and computer.
- Involved in data reporting quarterly, semi-annually (SAPR) and annually(APR) and any other reports as necessary by GoT and Donor.
- Degree in health informatics, social sciences, or statistics
- Proven critical analysis skills and report writing skills.
- At least 2 years of “hands on experience” as M&E officer position in HIV prevention , care and treatment
- program in resource limited country
- Experience working in NGO which is active in health development.
- Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and builder.
- Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage.
These jobs offer competitive salary and excellent work environment.
How To Apply:
Interested individuals fulfilling the required criteria should email their application letter and CV combined as one document to email@example.com including daytime telephone contact names and addresses of three referees by Wednesday, 19th September 2018. Applicants must clearly state the position being applied for in the subject line of the email.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
Amref Health Africa -Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Source: The Guardian September 05, 2018
“You can also find these jobs advert on the Daily News of 06th September, 2018”