Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit organization in Tanzania
contributing to address public health priorities. MDH works with the Ministry of Health,
Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; as well as academic and nonacademic institutions to address the problems of Tuberculosis, Malaria, HIV/AIDS,
Nutrition, Maternal and Child Health and to undertake initiatives to advance public health
research, education, and services for improving the lives of people.
In Dar es Salaam, MDH supports the Government of Tanzania through the Municipal
councils of Ilala, Temeke, Kinondoni, Ubungo and Kigamboni in implementation of the
program on HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment and monitoring of people living with HIV/AIDS
(PLWHA). In order to strengthen the care and treatment of PLWHA in Dar es Salaam,
MDH on behalf of the above mentioned Municipal Councils seeks to employ the 59 Patient/Client Trackers.
Job Title: PATIENT TRACKER (59 Positions)
Report to: Site Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Identify patients who missed their clinic visit schedule timely and conduct visit to their
2. Create awareness of the family on the need and importance of HBC
3. Supporting the patient adherence to medication and clinic visit schedules
4. Support the patient/families in preventing disease transmission in order to avoid risk
situations for infection and its complications
5. Sensitize on community awareness and strive to reduce gender based violence, stigma and
6. Provide nutritional counseling and education, together with health prevention messages and facilitate spiritual support to patients/families (advice to remove spiritual support)
7. Support families to provide care and support to orphans and vulnerable group’s
8. Make appropriate decisions on patient health at their homes that align with HBC guideline
9. Facilitate linkage services for patients and their family with health facility and other relevant
services e.g. legal issues, and social support
10. To participate in data management that include proper recording and reporting timely
11. Bring up any ideas or comments that may contribute to better system of patient follow up.
12. Perform any other duties as assigned by a line supervisor
HIV/AIDS Tracker requires a Basic Training of HIV/AIDS Management, Knowledge and
Skills of Home Based Care, Counseling and Tracking Skills.
A Minimum of form four education,
At least one (1) year experience of working on the field
Good in both oral and written English and Kiswahili
Able to work independently and in team
Committed to work and adheres to work regulations
Maintains confidentiality in all aspects
Analytical and problem-solving skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, CVs, Certified photocopies of
certificates and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of two references.
Applications should be submitted by 24th September, 2018 to the HR Manager, MDH through email;- email@example.com or drop by hand at our MDH Mikocheni Office near New Regency Park
Please note; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Patient/Client Trackers - 59 Positions