Amref Health Africa is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB. Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa is teaming up with University of Maryland in Baltimore (UMB) to complement each other’s extensive expertise to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade Project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals for HIV epidemic control in Tanzania.
The Project which is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania. branded as Afya Kamilifu Project will be implemented in Tanga region and Zanzibar Islands in collaboration and guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health. Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children.
Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). With this Amref Health Africa Tanzania is announcing the following positions to be filled for this Project
Position: Regional Project Managers (2 Posts)
Location: Amref Project Offices in Tanga and Zanzibar
Reports to: Project Director
The focus of this role is to provide leadership, coordination and management of the technical staff for the Field Office. The RPM main objective is to guarantee the technical performance of the Project supported HIV programs in the respective region.
- To provide technical leadership to the supported programs in the assigned region. in close collaboration with the Project director, Technical Directors and Advisors based in the DSM head office: Coordinates and manages Project’s technical and operations team based in the field office and assigned to the specific region, including supporting staff.
- Assures a complete and well functioning technical team in the respective region, including the timely communication on additional staffing needs and the participation in the recruitment of staff members: wherever and whenever necessary. and take over or complement the responsibilities of the supervised Project Officers;
- Responsible for the effective planning and documentation of the communication and support provided to Afya Kamilifu Project sub-grantees, including but not limited to supportive supervision, telephone communications etc:
- Preparing financial reports and submit to the Project head office on a timely manner and ensuring that internal control systems are working effectively and efficiently
- Collaborate with the Project M&E team for the timely submission of high quality quarterly, semi-annual and annual donor progress reports to the Project Director
- Responsible for the timely submission of work plans, reports on activities performed, or any other report, as required by Project Direct and Head of Programs
- Responsible for the timely and effective communication of important technical and programmatic information to Afya Kamilifu sub-grantees and other relevant stakeholders within the region:
- To facilitate production of written documents including best practices and lessons learned.
- Represent Amref at various regional meetings after obtaining prior approval from Amref CD and HoP
- Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by line manager or other Amref senior management team.
- A degree of health related with Masters in public health or MBA
- Proven critical analysis skills and report writing skills.
- At least ‘IO years of “hands on experience” at a senior position in HIV prevention , care and treatment
- program in resource limited country
- Experience working in public health NGO
- Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and builder.
- Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage.
These jobs offer competitive salary and excellent work environment.
How To Apply:
Interested individuals fulfilling the required criteria should email their application letter and CV combined as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org including daytime telephone contact names and addresses of three referees by Wednesday, 19th September 2018. Applicants must clearly state the position being appiied for in the subject line of the email.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
Amref Health Africa -Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Source: The Guardian September 05, 2018
“You can also find these jobs advert on the Daily News of 06th September, 2018”