Amref Health Africa is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB. Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa is teaming up with University of Maryland in Baltimore (UMB) to complement each other’s extensive expertise to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade Project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals for HIV epidemic control in Tanzania.
The Project which is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania. branded as Afya Kamilifu Project will be implemented in Tanga region and Zanzibar Islands in collaboration and guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health. Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children.
Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). With this Amref Health Africa Tanzania is announcing the following positions to be filled for this Project
Position: Supply Chain Management Advisor (1)
Location: Amref Country Office Dar es Salaam, with frequent travels to Tanga and Zanzibar
Reports to: Clinical Service Specialist
The Supply Chain management Coordinator is a self-motivated individual who will provide oversight to Program activities with the different partners including the Project sites.
- The Supply chain management advisor is responsible for ensuring that Project supported sites meets national standard for ARV and related commodity supply chain management by:
- Assisting pharmacies at Project supported sitesidistricts to meet national standards o
- Ensuring that relevant staff at Project supported sitesidistricts are trained to provide high quality of services
- Ensuring that validated drug management tools ( paper tool andlor software) are available and properly used at all Project-supported pharmacies o Designing improved supply chain systems, processes and procedures for Project sites in collaboration with Supply chain partners.
- Identify training needs for sites, districts and regional pharmacists and supply chain officers and facilitate trainings on good practice in pharmaceutical and supply chains management for Project and site staff;
- Collaborate with National, regional and district level pharmaceutical personnel to develop a mentorship program for site level pharmacists.
- Ensures uninterrupted supply in HIV-related commodities at all Project-supported sites by
- Annual forecasting and budgeting of needs in HIV-related commodities including lab commodities for each single siteidistrict
- Ensuring that each single siteidistrict has two to three months buffer stock offall HIV-reiated commodities including lab reagent and consumables and assist in redistribution of products when out of stock
- Providing technical assistance to district pharmacists in forecasting and ordering of ARVs and related commodities from the MSD.
- Ensuring that technical procedures for procurement, distribution and dispensation are respected at all sites according to the standard operating procedures, o Keep track of drug flow between stores and
- Project supported sites and continuously update and educate site staff on developments and issues related to new drug formulations, national and zonal ARV and 0| drugs stocks update
- Maintain the inventory of drugs and laboratory commodities and reagents that are present at both drugs stores and all of Project supported site pharmacies
- Make sure that all dispensing rooms at the various sites have the necessary infrastructure and are able to function efficiently.
- Play key role in the development of proposals. budgets, workplans and reports related to Project’s activities concerning pharmaceuticals and drugs commodities management
- Facilitate Reporting by:
- Prepare quarterly, semiannually and annually narrative reports to be submitted to key stakeholders.
- Collecting on monthly basis information about the stock at all Project supported sitesidistricts, compile per region and communicate the information to the CDC, and NACP.
- Provide regular information to MQHSWINACP on any challenges associated with ARV drugs, 0| drugs and test kits availability at site and district level.
- Liaise with the ARV focal pharmacists and municipal counterparts on quarterly basis to address any concerns or problems that they are faced with regarding supply chain issues of HIWAIDS commodities and related supplies.
- Actively perform supportive supervisions to Project supported sites. and use these supervisions to strengthen their capacity on issues related to supply chain management.
- Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by the line manager.
Desirable Skills and knowledge:
Senior pharmacist with degreeidiploma in pharmacy
Public Health background is an asset
Experience and skills
- 3 years of experience in Health commodities management within public and private sector (forecasting. procurement, distribution and monitoring); 2 years’ experience previous work in HIWAIDS prevention of
- Care and Treatment program or Projects In-depth understandingiknowledge of national and international drugslAR\i policy and procurement issues an advantage
- Experience in health program management as team member or other position, a strong advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication o Fluency in English as working language
- Good knowledge in computer software applications such as MS Word. Excel, and the Internet,
- Ability to conduct Pharmaceutical supply chain trainings.
These jobs offer competitive salary and excellent work environment.
How To Apply:
Interested individuals fulfilling the required criteria should email their application letter and CV combined as one document to email@example.com including daytime telephone contact names and addresses of three referees by Wednesday, 19th September 2018. Applicants must clearly state the position being appiied for in the subject line of the email.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
Amref Health Africa -Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Source: The Guardian September 05, 2018
“You can also find these jobs advert on the Daily News of 06th September, 2018”