Butchers and meat cutters cut, trim, and package meat for retail sale.
- Butchers and meat cutters typically do the following:
- Sharpen and adjust cutting equipment
- Receive, inspect, and store meat upon delivery
- Cut, bone, or grind pieces of meat
- Weigh, wrap, and display cuts of meat
- Cut or prepare meats to specification or customer’s orders
- Store meats in refrigerators or freezers at the required temperature
- Keep inventory of meat sales and order meat supplies
- Clean equipment and work areas to maintain health and sanitation standards
- Butchers and meat cutters cut and trim meat from larger, wholesale
- portions into steaks, chops, roasts, and other cuts. They then prepare
- meat for sale by performing various duties, such as weighing meat,
- wrapping it, and putting it out for display. In retail stores, they also may wait on customers and prepare special cuts of meat upon request.
- Minimum 5 years of professional butcher experience.
- Expats are welcome to apply
Deadline: 8th October 2018