ICAP at Columbia University works in partnership with the Ministries of Health and Social Welfare (MOHSW) in Tanzania to support the implementation of high-quality comprehensive family-focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services with funding from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) through PEPFAR. A key aspect of the program is to build the capacity of the Ministry of Health Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, at the national and sub-national levels, and indigenous CBO/NGOs to manage HIV programs, including financial, administrative, program management and technical advisory skills. The organization has employed talented, dynamic individuals with strong clinical backgrounds and public health management expertise to achieve its programmatic objectives.
Position Title: Program Driver (5 position)
Reports to: Fleet Supervisor
Location: Dar es salaam, Mwanza and Geita
Travel: Up to 90% in intervention districts
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To drive ICAP programme vehicles as directed and providing safe and efficient transportation to the staff and its visitors.
• Delivering parcels, letters and other relevant items to offices and businesses as appropriate and while on safari when directed.
• Drive long distance with or without ICAP staff when required and adhere with the rules and regulation.
• Ensure that the vehicle is always clean and in good order and all the documentation e.g. insurance and road license are up to date.
• Perform routine vehicle inspection and maintenance including checking oil, fuel, brakes, lights, windshield wipers, waters and tire pressures
• Keep track of maintenance record of vehicles to ensure that service schedule is adhered to and to remind the employer in advance when vehicle (s) service is due.
• Proteges information and other general assistance to the organization staff and its
• Maintains record of work performed; Fills up all necessary forms, makes timely reports of accidents, incidents and unusual occurrences.
• Ensuring necessary steps are taken as required by rules and regulations in case of involvement in an accident.
• Abide to all ICAP rules and regulations.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
• To perform other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills 8 Minimum Required Qualifications
• Form Four (IV) graduate or higher education is desirable.
• PSV Certificate from the National Institute of Transport (NIT) is an added advantage.
• Basic knowledge of automobiles and ability to make minor repairs and perform preventive maintenance.
• At least two years' experience of successful driving both in towns and up country regions.
• Have valid driving license, registration and valid permits at all the time.
• Excellent written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
• Experience in working with donor organizations at least 2 years.
• Able to travel by 90% of his time
• Fluent in Kiswahili and English
Qualified applicants should send their cover letter and CV by 30th October, 2018 via email to email@example.com, mentioning in-the subject line the Position Title and Job Location.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Please do NOT attach any certificates when submitting online. ICAP is an equal opportunity employer; women are encouraged to apply.