PowerCorner is providing sustainable, affordable and reliable energy services to rural populations in Tanzania using a combination of key innovations: standardized, low-cost production units, a mini-grid combined with smart prepaid meters and mobile money.
PowerCorner is a dynamic internal start-up of ENGIE and a key initiative within its Energy Access program.Eight mini-grids have been commissioned over the last two years and another four villages are to be commissioned by the end of 2018.
PowerCorner is looking to recruit After Sales officer to reinforce the team PowerCorner Tanzania.
This position will focus on commercial and less technical duties and responsibilities, in combination with administrative tasks. Support and assist customers after commissioning by answering questions and giving advice about the products, our service and the installation ie upgrade and customer education.
The position is based in Masasi, Mtwara.
Roles and responsibilities
- Act as a customer contact personnel /call centre
- Give technical information of PU appliances owned by customers and advice to both customers and the team
- Taking, processing and checking orders for whole appliances ordered by the customer and cross check on the system.
- Guide orders through the complete organization, from taking orders to release appliances for shipment
- Handle and judge complaints, warranty claims and returned appliances according the company’s guidelines
- Take care for a proper information flow to the company’s management regarding customers, orders and technical issues
- Responsible for complains and customer information documentation and for the information flow from and to the team
- Replace colleagues in case when absent or when otherwise required
- Monthly reporting and analysis of customer satisfaction, regarding claims, delivery
- Also support field activities
Required Academic Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, rural Development, Marketing and Public Relation, Electrical, Social work or related field from a reputable institution
- Minimum of two years’ experience in relevant field (energy project development, operations, or financing; or customer care/call center.
- Good computer skills related to budget and planning follow up
- Strong report writing and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills in working languages (English, Swahili).
- A commitment to high standards of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality
- Experience working with rural and off-grid business models and technologies, and an understanding of unique challenges faced by businesses operating in Tanzania
What we offer
Actively participate in defining tomorrow’s business models for energy access
A secure position in a company combining the strengths of a start-up in terms of agility and those of a multinational in terms of financial and business support.
Being part of a passionate and professional team based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Competitive pay Contact
If you think your profile fits with the description of After Sales Officer and your personal ambition matches with the challenges outlined, we strongly invite you to submit your application by November 24, 2018.
Please send your application by email to Daniel.Nickson@powercorner.com