The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI), an affiliate of Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Organization (EGPAF) is Tanzanian led and managed national organization focusing largely on HIV and AIDS and other related health programs.
AGPAHI implements all its programs in collaboration with Tanzania Government Entities through the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and President’s Office – Regional Administration and Local Government (PO RALG) and other stakeholders. AGPAHI supports the provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health systems.
AGPAHI is implementing various projects that are highly demanding and thus the organization is looking for a motivated, result driven, qualified and competent people to fill various positions as per the AGPAHI organogram.
JOB TITLE : Grants Officer
REPORTS TO: Senior Grants Officer
Purpose of post:
Assist Grants Manager in the provision of sub-agreement to AGPAHI Program, monitoring and support of Sub awards and ensures compliance with the terms and conditions of the Organization awards
- Participate in developing compliance review plans with Senior Grants Officer and ensure they are properly implemented.
- Conduct compliance reviews for Sub Award and regional office as per the developed plan.
- Advise Senior Grants Officer on the need for developing new SOP as the need arise.
- Ensure all outstanding audit findings are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Assess Sub Awardees’ risk level and assist in developing capacity as needed.
Monthly Financial Reports:
- Ensure each Sub Awardees has available funds, within the limitations of their agreement, at all times.
- Review and submit all monthly financial reports together with cash book for each sub awardee on a monthly basis and in a timely manner.
- Monitors sub recipients’ expenditures against approved budget and program objectives and ensure that Monthly Financial Report is completed for each assigned Sub Awardee
- Ensure monthly financial report and cash book balance reconcile with sub awardees’ financial reports.
- Monitor Sub Awardees expenditure against work plan on monthly basis and advise Grants Manager Accordingly.
Sub - Agreement:
- Ensure each Sub Awardees has an active contract at all times.
- Ensure Sub Awardees adhere to contractual and donor regulations at all times.
- Ensure the field office is in compliance with Donor’s rules and regulations as well as the Organization’s policies
- Assist in Pre-Award assessment process and ensures organizations have the capacity to appropriately manage a Sub Award.
- Oversees the negotiation of sub agreement terms and conditions and prepares final sub agreement award documents.
- Monitors sub recipient performance to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of award.
- Provides on-going assistance to sub recipients to administer their sub agreements compliant with all terms and conditions.
- Manages the sub agreement close out process.
- Work closely with contractual, financial and technical staff and provides guidance as necessary on sub agreement requirements.
- Ensure amendments to contract are developed and processed in a timely manner.
- Addresses problems or concerns with management of Sub Awards in a timely and effective manner.
- Facilitating implementation of both quarterly and annual internal and external audit to sun grantees respectively
- Provide technical support on financial analysis and financial planning such as cash projections, budget versus actual reports, cash obligation liquidation
- Providing training on AGPAHI and donor’s rules and regulations and financial management to Sub Awardees
- Orient regional staff on Donor’s rules and Regulations
- Ensure all Sub Agreement documents for sites assigned (electronic and paper) are complete, and organized and well filed.
- Ensure all Sub Agreement information’s are updated and accurate for assigned sub awardees. Nafasi za ajira December 2018
- Maintaining property register and tracking of each assets provided by the organization under the award as maintained by sub grantee as per AGPAHI policy
- Assesses Award and Compliance policies and procedures on an on-going basis to identify and propose new policies or changes as needed, in addition to monitoring the implementation of existing Award and Compliance policies to ensure they are being properly adhered to.
- Provide ad hoc reports to Senior Grants Officer or AGPAHI staff regarding Award and Compliance activities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Any other relevant duties as assigned by the Senior Grants Officer and the Zonal Program Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and ability
- A bachelor degree in Finance/Accounting or Advanced Diploma in Accountancy from recognized College
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: grants management, contract management, finance management, accounting.
- Previous auditing and training experience are highly desirable.
- Experience with managing USG funding is required; experience with managing other major international donor funds and working with an NGO preferred
In order to achieve the goals at least 60% of working days will require local travel in AGPAHI supported sites
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (not exceeding four pages) and names and contact information of three referees before close of business on Friday 21st December, 2018 to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the title of the position in your email subject and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter.
AGPAHI is an equal opportunity employer, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.