The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI), an affiliate of Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Organization (EGPAF) is Tanzanian led and managed national organization focusing largely on HIV and AIDS and other related health programs.
AGPAHI implements all its programs in collaboration with Tanzania Government Entities through the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and President’s Office – Regional Administration and Local Government (PO RALG) and other stakeholders. AGPAHI supports the provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health systems.
AGPAHI is implementing various projects that are highly demanding and thus the organization is looking for a motivated, result driven, qualified and competent people to fill various positions as per the AGPAHI organogram.
Position Title : SENIOR PROGRAM OFFICER, STRATEGIC INFORMATION
Reports To: REGIONAL PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Duty Station: SIMIYU
The Senior Program Officer Strategic Information is a self-motivated individual who will engage in the development of mathematical theory or apply statistical theory and methods to collect, organize, interpret, and summarize numerical data to provide usable information. New dawn
- Provide Data Analysis Support to AGPAHI Scientists Developing Manuscript and Abstract for Conferences, Meetings and Publication in Peer Reviewed Journal.
- Decide what data are needed to answer specific questions or problems
- Analyze and interpret data
- Report conclusions from their analyses
- Applying statistical methodology to complex data
- Participate in Program Grants Application by Working out Appropriate Sample Size and Sampling Methodology for Surveys, Program Evaluation and Operation Research.
- Provide technical support in Using statistical applications to make forecasts and to provide projected figures for finance, Trend of diseases and program Impacts
- Participate in Program Data Presentation Preparation and Information creation in a variety of formats
- Extraction of complex data (Data Mining) and Conveying complex information to people who may not be specialists
- Provide Routine Program Data Analysis Liaising with Monitoring and Evaluation colleagues to provide updates for Program performance.
- Provide Technical Advice to Monitoring and Evaluation teams involved in Supportive Supervision,
- Data collection in improving Data Quality and Reporting
- Participate in development of Data Capturing Tools
- Provide Mentorship and Training to AGPAHI staff on Data Analysis Skills
- Attend Scientific and Program Meetings Regularly
- Evaluate the statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data in order to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by SI Manager
Education, Experience and Desirable Skills
- A university degree, or higher in any of the following areas: Statistics or Epidemiology with strong experience on Program Monitoring, Evaluation and Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Knowledge and experience with HIV and AIDS care and treatment Programs in Tanzania.
- Knowledge and experience with PEPFAR M&E reporting system and MoHCGEC HIV and AIDS Quality Improvement Programing.
- Proven ability to manage data and familiarity with statistical analysis packages
- Experience in writing of guidelines, best-practice documents, abstracts, proposals and reports will be an added advantage.
- Experience in the development of quality improvement tools and systems in HIV-related activities is an advantage
- Experience in public health program staff coordination and management) will be an advantage
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (not exceeding four pages) and names and contact information of three referees before close of business on Friday 21st December, 2018 to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the title of the position in your email subject and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter.
AGPAHI is an equal opportunity employer, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.