Request for Quotations (RFQ)
RFQ Number: One Health Tanzania - 001
Issuance Date: February 14th, 2019
Deadline for Questions: March 12, 2019 local (Dar es salaam) time
Deadline for Offers: March 19, 2019 local (Dar es salaam) time
Description: Local and regional transportation services in Tanzania
For: HRH2030 One Health
Funded By: United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Cooperative Agreement No. AID-OAA-A-15-00046
Implemented By: Chemonics International Inc.
Point of Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
***** ETHICAL AND BUSINESS CONDUCT REQUIREMENTS *****
Chemonics is committed to integrity in procurement, and only selects suppliers based on objective business criteria such as price and technical merit. Chemonics expects suppliers to comply with our Standards of Business Conduct, available at https://www.chemonics.com/our-approach/standards-business-conduct.
Chemonics does not tolerate fraud, collusion among offerors, falsified proposals/bids, bribery, or kickbacks. Any firm or individual violating these standards will be disqualified from this procurement, barred from future procurement opportunities, and may be reported to both USAID and the Office of the Inspector General.
Employees and agents of Chemonics are strictly prohibited from asking for or accepting any money, fee, commission, credit, gift, gratuity, object of value or compensation from current or potential vendors or suppliers in exchange for or as a reward for business. Employees and agents engaging in this conduct are subject to termination and will be reported to USAID and the Office of the Inspector General. In addition, Chemonics will inform USAID and the Office of the Inspector General of any supplier offers of money, fee, commission, credit, gift, gratuity, object of value, or compensation to obtain business.
Offerors responding to this RFQ must include the following as part of the proposal submission:
· Disclose any close, familial, or financial relationships with Chemonics or project staff. For example, if an offeror’s cousin is employed by the project, the offeror must state this.
· Disclose any family or financial relationship with other offerors submitting proposals. For example, if the offeror’s father owns a company that is submitting another proposal, the offer or must state this.
· Certify that the prices in the offer have been arrived at independently, without any consultation, communication, or agreement with any other offeror or competitor for the purpose of restricting competition.
· Certify that all information in the proposal and all supporting documentation are authentic and accurate.
· Certify understanding and agreement to Chemonics’ prohibitions against fraud, bribery and kickbacks.
Please contact Mariam Reda, email@example.com, with any questions or concerns regarding the above information or to report any potential violations. Potential violations may also be reported directly to Chemonics’ Washington office through the contact information listed on the website found at the hyperlink above.
Section 1:Instructions to Offerors
1. Introduction: The HRH2030 One Health Activity is a USAID program implemented by Chemonics International in Tanzania.The goal of the activity is to enhance the capacity and capability of countries to prevent, detect, and respond to infectious disease threats and achieve measurable targets.As part of project activities, One Health- Tanzania requires significant travel between Dodoma, Dar es Salaam, and other cities in Tanzania. The purpose of this RFQ is to solicit quotations for a transportation service provider who will be readily available to provide cost-efficient and reliable ground transportation for HRH One Health project staff between various cities in Tanzania. Detailed technical specifications can be found in Section 3.
Offerors are responsible for ensuring that their offers are received by Chemonics in accordance with the instructions, terms, and conditions described in this RFQ. Failure to adhere with instructions described in this RFQ may lead to disqualification of an offer from consideration.
2. Offer Deadline and Protocol: Offers must be received no later than February 28th,2019, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference the RFQ number in any response to this RFQ. Offers received after the specified time and date will be considered late and will be considered only at the discretion of Chemonics.
3. Questions: Questions regarding the technical or administrative requirements of this RFQ may be submitted no later than 23:59 local Tanzanian time on February 25th, 2019, by email to email@example.com. Questions must be submitted in writing; phone calls will not be accepted. Questions and requests for clarification—and the responses thereto—that Chemonics believes may be of interest to other offerors will be circulated to all RFQ recipients who have indicated an interest in bidding.
Only the written answers issued by Chemonics will be considered official and carry weight in the RFQ process and subsequent evaluation.Any verbal information received from employees of Chemonics or any other entity should not be considered as an official response to any questions regarding this RFQ.
4. Specifications: Section 3 contains the technical specifications of the required items.All commodities offered in response to this RFQ must be new and unused.
Please note that, unless otherwise indicated,stated brand names or models are for illustrative description only.An equivalent substitute, as determined by the specifications, is acceptable.
5. Quotations: Quotations in response to this RFQ must be priced on a fixed-price, all-inclusive basis, including all maintenance, storage, and insurance costs, as well as salary and travel costs of driver and all other costs related to the transportation services provision. Pricing must be offered in Tanzania Shillings. Offers must remain valid for not less than thirty (30) calendar days after the offer deadline. Offerors are requested to provide quotations on their official quotation format or letterhead; in the event this is not possible, offerors may complete the table in Section 3.
In addition, offerors responding to this RFQ are requested to submit the following:
· Cover letter, signed by an authorized representative of the offeror
· Official quotation, including specifications of offered services
· Copy of offeror’s registration or business license
· Copy of offeror’s VAT business registration
· Copy of offeror’s vehicle registration and insurance information for all offered vehicles
· Three professional references or past performance reviews
· Proof or a written statement confirming that the vehicles that will be employed are compliant with the requirements of Tanzanian law and that all drivers will have the necessary licensing requirements to operate the vehicles
6. Source/Nationality/Manufacture: All goods and services offered in response to this RFQ or supplied under any resulting award must meet USAID Geographic Code 935in accordance with the United States Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), 22 CFR §228.The cooperating country for this RFQ is Tanzania.
Offerors may not offer or supply any commodities or servicesthat are manufactured or assembled in, shipped from, transported through, or otherwise involving any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria.
7. Insurance: Insurance of means of transport and civil liability of vehicle owners is required for cooperating company under this RFQ. The insurance coverage must be valid on vehicles, drivers and passengers inside of vehicle for a minimum eight (8) months after agreement for providing of transportation services, unless otherwise specified in the technical specifications (if applicable)
8. Taxes and VAT: “In accordance with the agreement under which this procurement is financed, Chemonics will be reimbursed by the Tanzanian government for taxes imposed on suppliers and subcontractors. Therefore, offerors must include taxes, VAT, charges, tariffs, duties and levies in accordance with the laws of Tanzania. If selected for award, the selected supplier will cooperate in providing Chemonics with the documentation necessary to obtain tax reimbursement.”
9. DUNS Number: Companies or organizations, whether for-profit or non-profit, shall be requested to provide a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number if selected to receive an award in response to this RFQ valued greater than or equal to USD$30,000 (or equivalent in other currency). If the Offeror does not have a DUNS number and is unable to obtain one before proposal submission deadline, Offeror shall include a statement noting their intention to register for a DUNS number should it be selected as the successful offeror or explaining why registration for a DUNS number is not possible. Contact Dun & Bradstreet through this webform to obtain a number: https://fedgov.dnb.com/webform. Further guidance on obtaining a DUNS number is available from Chemonics upon request.
10. Eligibility: By submitting an offer in response to this RFQ, the offeror certifies that it and its principal officers are not debarred, suspended, or otherwise considered ineligible for an award by the U.S. Government.Chemonics will not award a contract to any firm that is debarred, suspended, or considered to be ineligible by the U.S. Government.
11. Evaluation and Award: The award will be made to a responsible offeror whose offer follows the RFQ instructions and meets the eligibility requirements and is determined via a trade-off analysis to be the best value based on application of the following evaluation criteria. The relative importance of each individual criterion is indicated by the number of points below:
· Cost (35%) — based on the total cost presented in the proposal.
· Delivery Schedule(35%) — based on the capability to provide transportation services within two working days of request.
· Past Performance –(30%) - based on at least three (3) client references for recently-supplied commodities of similar technical scope within Tanzania
Chemonics will assess whether an Offeror’s proposed cost is reasonable and realistic in relation to the proposed solution-performing a technical/cost trade-off analysis-to determine which quote presents the best value to Chemonics. Cost will be evaluated on the basis of cost reasonableness, allowability, and realism.
Please note that if there are significant deficiencies regarding responsiveness to the requirements of this RFQ, an offer may be deemed “non-responsive” and thereby disqualified from consideration. Chemonics reserves the right to waive immaterial deficiencies at its discretion.
Best-offer quotations are requested. It is anticipated that award will be made solely on the basis of these original quotations. However, Chemonics reserves the right to conduct any of the following:
- Chemonics may conduct negotiations with and/or request clarifications from any offeror prior to award.
- While preference will be given to offerors who can address the full requirements of this RFQ, Chemonics may issue a partial award or split the award among various suppliers, if in the best interest of the HRH2030 One Health Tanzania activity.
- Chemonics may cancel this RFQ at any time.
Please note that in submitting a response to this RFQ, the offeror understands that USAID is not a party to this solicitation and the offeror agrees that any protest hereunder must be presented—in writing with full explanations—to the HRH2030 One Health TanzaniaProject for consideration, as USAID will not consider protests regarding procurements carried out by implementing partners. Chemonics, at its sole discretion, will make a final decision on the protest for this procurement.
12. Terms and Conditions: This is a Request for Quotations only.Issuance of this RFQ does not in any way obligate Chemonics, the One Health Project, or USAID to make an award or pay for costs incurred by potential offerors in the preparation and submission of an offer.
This solicitation is subject to Chemonics’ standard terms and conditions.Any resultant award will be governed by these terms and conditions; a copy of the full terms and conditions is available upon request.Please note the following terms and conditions will apply:
(a) Chemonics’ standard payment terms are net 30 days after receipt and acceptance of any commodities or deliverables.Payment will only be issued to the entity submitting the offer in response to this RFQ and identified in the resulting award; payment will not be issued to a third party.
(b) Any award resulting from this RFQ will be firm fixed price, in the form of a subcontract.
(c) No commodities or services may be supplied that are manufactured or assembled in, shipped from, transported through, or otherwise involving any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria.
(d) Any international air or ocean transportation or shipping carried out under any award resulting from this RFQ must take place on U.S.-flag carriers/vessels.
(e) United States law prohibits transactions with, and the provision of resources and support to, individuals and organizations associated with terrorism. The supplier under any award resulting from this RFQ must ensure compliance with these laws.
(f) The title to any goods supplied under any award resulting from this RFQ shall pass to Chemonicsfollowing delivery and acceptance of the goods by Chemonics.Risk of loss, injury, or destruction of the goods shall be borne by the offeror until title passes to Chemonics.
(g) Additionally, in accordance with the United States Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), 22CFR §228.19(b), offerors must meet the following criteria:
a. The vehicle is independently owned or leased by the hired driver or company, and
b. The vehicle will be maintained by the individual or commercial entity and driven only by the hired driver(s)
Section 2: Offer Checklist
To assist offerors in preparation of proposals, the following checklist summarizes the documentation to include an offer in response to this RFQ:
□ Cover letter, signed by an authorized representative of the offeror (see Section 4 for template)
□ Official quotation, including specifications of offered services (see Section 3 for example format)
□ Copy of offeror’s registration or business license (see Section 1.5 for more details)
□ Copy of offeror’s VAT business registration (see 1.5 for more details)
□ Copy of offeror’s vehicle registration and insurance information for all offered vehicles (see Section 1.12(g))
□ Three professional references or past performance reviews (See Section 1.5 for more details)
□ Proof or a written statement confirming that the vehicles proposed are compliant with the requirements of Tanzanian law and that all their drivers will have the necessary licensing requirements to operate the vehicles
Section 3: Specifications and Technical Requirements
The table below contains the technical requirements of the commodities/services. Offerors are requested to provide quotations containing the information below on official letterhead or official quotation format. In the event this is not possible, offerors may complete this Section 3 and submit a signed/stamped version to Chemonics.
1. Transportation services supplied shall include provision of vehicles in good working condition, safety driving, insurance of vehicle, driver and passenger inside of a vehicle during a trip, salary, travel and other costs related to the provision of the driver, as well as all maintenance and insurance-related costs for the work week- Sunday-Saturday6am to 6pm. Pricing provided in the table below shall be all inclusive as specified in section 1.5 of this RFQ.
2. The USAID HRH2030 One Health Tanzania project is in need of services for one to two vehicles to be driven in any region in Tanzania for up to 8 months with the possibility of extension starting on or around October 1, 2019.
3. The USAID HRH2030 One Health Tanzania Project prefers vehicles models from 2006- 2012 or newer that meets USAID Geographic Codes 935, as stated in the table below.
4. The vehicles must be independently owned or leased by the company.
5. The vehicles must be maintained by the offeror.
6. If any vehicle breaks down or otherwise requires maintenance during the period of performance, an alternate vehicle must be provided by the offeror within 1 hour.
7. If the driver is unable to provide transportation services on the day required, the company should substitute the service of another driver within 1 hour.
8. Comprehensive insurance coverage of vehicle and civil liabilities of vehicle owners in the Tanzania. A copy of the insurance policy along with the subject of insurance must be provided to Chemonics prior to award and offerors must provide details in their offer regarding insurance coverage types and amounts.
9. The offeror must provide Chemonics with a copy of the vehicle title prior to award.
10. The offeror must provide Chemonics with copies of certificates confirming the vehicle/s have passed appropriate inspection at the state vehicle inspection department.
11. Proposed drivers shall have a valid Tanzania driver’s license and clean driving record.
12. One to two drivers in/around Dar es Salaam and Dodoma should be available to provide transportation services on Sunday-Saturday, 6am to 6pm.
13. Drivers shall be available to drive to and from locations in/around Dar es Salaam and Dodoma, and other cities as needed.
14. Offerors should provide pricing for daily rate for each city per km.
15. Attention: HRH2030 One Health Tanzania will not pay for lodging, per diem,or any other travel related costs to the drivers.
Delivery time (after receipt of order): _______________ calendar days for 1 – 10 vehicles.
Delivery time (after receipt of order): _______________ calendar days for 10 vehicles or more.
Section 3 (c) Other Requirements
- The offeror will assign a representative that will handle the HRH2030 One Health Tanzania needs.
- The offeror must submit a list with proof documentation for its available fleet, drivers’ names, drivers’ licenses, insurance
- The offeror will be responsible for any misconduct or negligence on the part of the drivers and will replace any driver with whom Chemonics is not satisfied.
- In case any driver or vehicle is replaced – i.e., a new driver is hired, or new vehicle is bought to be used in the implementation of a resulting Transportation Services Agreement – advance approval must be obtained from the HRH2030 One Health Tanzania Project before either the driver or the vehicle is used in performance of any work under a resulting TSA.
- The offeror must provide a statement on their company’s letter head that they fully understand and accepts full responsibility for vetting and ensuring that any driver or vehicle to be used in the implementation of any resulting Transportation Services Agreement does not have family, business, or financial relationships to any agent or staff that is currently employed by the HRH2030 One Health Tanzania Project. The offeror must also acknowledge its liability for any breach to this statement and that Chemonics will hold the offeror responsible for any financial implications resulting from this breach. Such breach may result the offeror’s ineligibility for future subcontracts with or other service provisions for the project.
Past Performance References
In order to evaluate Offeror’s past performance. Chemonics requests three (3) references of similar work previously implemented as well as contact information for the companies for which such work was completed. Chemonics has a strong preference for firms that have experience working with international organizations. Contact information must include a minimum:
- Name of point of contact
- Name and address of the company/organization
- Email and phone number of the point of contact
The following cover letter must be placed on letterhead and completed/signed/stamped by a representative authorized to sign on behalf of the offeror:
To: HRH2030 One Health
241 18th Street S. Suite 1200
Arlington, VA 22202
Reference: HRH2030 One Health Tanzania RFQ 001
To Whom It May Concern:
We, the undersigned, hereby provide the attached offer to perform all work required to complete the activities and requirements as described in the above-referenced RFQ. Please find our offer attached.
We hereby acknowledge and agree to all terms, conditions, special provisions, and instructions included in the above-referenced RFQ. We further certify that the below-named firm—as well as the firm’s principal officers and all commodities and services offered in response to this RFQ—are eligible to participate in this procurement under the terms of this solicitation and under USAID regulations.
Furthermore, we hereby certify that, to the best of our knowledge and belief:
· We have no close, familial, or financial relationships with any Chemonics or HRH2030 One Health project staff members;
· We have no close, familial, or financial relationships with any other offerors submitting proposals in response to the above-referenced RFQ; and
· The prices in our offer have been arrived at independently, without any consultation, communication, or agreement with any other offeror or competitor for the purpose of restricting competition.
· All information in our proposal and all supporting documentation is authentic and accurate.
· We understand and agree to Chemonics’ prohibitions against fraud, bribery, and kickbacks.
We hereby certify that the enclosed representations, certifications, and other statements are accurate, current, and complete.
Official name associated with bank account (for payment):
Section 5: EVIDENCE OF RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
The following certification must be completed and submitted with the offeror’s quotation:
Evidence of Responsibility Statement
This statement describes the offeror’s internal policies and procedures, as well as its ability to comply with the terms and conditions of a potential subcontract resulting from RFQ No.1HRH2030 One Health Tanzania. The offeror shall complete the information in this statement as part of its proposal.
Company Name: ____________________
1. Authorized Negotiators
The offeror’s proposal in response to RFQ No.1 HRH2030 One Health Tanzaniamay be discussed with any of the following individuals. These individuals are authorized to represent our company in negotiation of this proposal.
Names of authorized negotiator(s): ______________________________
These individuals can be reached at the following office:
2. Adequate Financial Resources
We hereby certify that the above-named company maintains adequate financial resources to manage any subcontract resulting from this offer.
3. Ability to Comply
We certify we are able to comply with the proposed schedule and period of performance, having taken into consideration all existing business commitments, commercial as well as governmental.
4. Record of Performance, Integrity, and Business Ethics
Our record of integrity is outstanding. We have no allegations of lack of integrity or of questionable business ethics. Our integrity can be confirmed by our Past Performance References, contained in the Technical Volume.
5. Organization, Experience, Accounting and Operational Controls, and Technical Skills
Describe how the subcontract will be managed:
6. Equipment and Facilities
We maintain the necessary facilities and equipment to carry out the subcontract.
7. Eligibility to Receive Award
We are qualified and eligible to receive an award under applicable laws and regulation. In addition, we have performed similar work – describe:
8. Acceptability of Subcontract Terms and Conditions
We have reviewed the solicitation document and attachments and agree to the terms and conditions set forth therein.
I hereby certify that the above statements are true and accurate, to the best of my knowledge.
Company Name: ___________________________
By (Signature): ___________________ Title: _____________________
Printed Name: ____________________ Date: _____________________
Download the full document here: Tender: Local and regional transportation services in Tanzania